MK4 1.3 Ghia - Central locking gone mad - Rattle
This has happened twice now when I have tried to open my new car (Fiesta MK4 1.3 Ghia) basically the motors start whirring like mad and I can't open the car leaving it a few minutes and trying to open the passenger door seems to cure the problem but does anybody know how I can fix it? I am worried the car will one day imbolise itself.
Fiesta MK4 1.3 Ghia - Central locking gone mad - mfarrow
Lock mechanism (in the door latch) is sticking on one of the front doors (probably the passenger one). Try WD-40.

--------------
Mike Farrow
Fiesta MK4 1.3 Ghia - Central locking gone mad - Rattle
The drivers door can be a bit stiff to close so this is probably related. I have a feeling an ebay add is coming on at this rate :( two things wrong with my new car now that didn't show up during testing before purchase.
Fiesta MK4 1.3 Ghia - Central locking gone mad - jc2
There was a problem with lack of use of passenger door lock;this meant that while the keyslot appeared to be in the central(upright) positition,the internals had not quite returned to the central position-the fixes were either a lot more use or,more complicated,the fitting of a stronger spring to make sure the lock returned to it's "off" position-also caused some alarm problems.
Fiesta MK4 1.3 Ghia - Central locking gone mad - John S
Had this on an earlier car. Water had got into the central locking unit on the passenger door, making it corroded and stiff. Replacing it cured the problem.

JS