MK4 1.3 Ghia - Central locking gone mad - Rattle
This has happened twice now when I have tried to open my new car (Fiesta MK4 1.3 Ghia) basically the motors start whirring like mad and I can't open the car leaving it a few minutes and trying to open the passenger door seems to cure the problem but does anybody know how I can fix it? I am worried the car will one day imbolise itself.
Fiesta MK4 1.3 Ghia - Central locking gone mad - mfarrow
Lock mechanism (in the door latch) is sticking on one of the front doors (probably the passenger one). Try WD-40.

--------------
Mike Farrow
Fiesta MK4 1.3 Ghia - Central locking gone mad - Rattle
The drivers door can be a bit stiff to close so this is probably related. I have a feeling an ebay add is coming on at this rate :( two things wrong with my new car now that didn't show up during testing before purchase.
Fiesta MK4 1.3 Ghia - Central locking gone mad - jc2
There was a problem with lack of use of passenger door lock;this meant that while the keyslot appeared to be in the central(upright) positition,the internals had not quite returned to the central position-the fixes were either a lot more use or,more complicated,the fitting of a stronger spring to make sure the lock returned to it's "off" position-also caused some alarm problems.
Fiesta MK4 1.3 Ghia - Central locking gone mad - John S
Had this on an earlier car. Water had got into the central locking unit on the passenger door, making it corroded and stiff. Replacing it cured the problem.

JS

Ask Honest John Right column

Value my car