Cat convertor. Mounting hole too big? - Morpheus
Hi all,

Purchased myself a new Cat for my 99T Citroen Saxo the other week so that I could fit it myself, should have been a simple job, just two bolts at the front, two at the back....

Anway when the part came, the holes for the bolts to go through were too big... the holes on the old piece were about the size of a 5p coin, the holes on the new piece are about the size of a 10p coin... so if I put the bolt through, it just pulls straight through - hence doesn't hold the 2 pieces together....

Anyone got any suggestions for a way to get around the problem?

Hope i've described my problem acurately above... if not have a look at www.onlineautomotive.co.uk/images/admin/parts/exha...g

The cross-section pic in the bottom left shows the holes as 20(mm) but the old part is more like 10mm so the bolts fit that size hole...

All advice appreciated by a keen (total) novice...

M

{Subject header made less vague - DD}
Citroen Saxo Cat convertor. Mounting hole too big? - Simon
Put a washer on the bolt so that it can't pull through the hole.
Citroen Saxo Cat convertor. Mounting hole too big? - Man without a plan
Thanks for replying Simon...

I tried putting a washer (two in fact) on the bolt but when I tightened it up, the washers bent into the hole....

Any more ideas?

Cheers
Citroen Saxo Cat convertor. Mounting hole too big? - Simon
You need some heavier duty washers then. That really is going to be the easiest answer to your problem. I could suggest that you drill the smaller hole out to the larger size and then use a larger bolt, but it can be difficult to do if you are struggling underneath a car.
Citroen Saxo Cat convertor. Mounting hole too big? - goosethedriver
Use more washers!!
Goose.
Citroen Saxo Cat convertor. Mounting hole too big? - bell boy
im sure i used the original bolts and just washered up the large holes,try somewhere like an old fashioned hardware shop if you dont have any washers lurking about,as said they want to be thick as 2 pence pieces