Yer tiz - the Armitage Shanks! - Ian Cook
A couple of weeks ago Brill posted (via Lee H) a photo of a logo, in the shape of a letter "A". Many of you will remember the suggestions as to what it was. The answer was, of course, Armitage Shanks.

Then followed some quite detailed debate as to what model it might have been - single seater with porcelain bodywork, large exhausts, starting handles etc. I've done some further digging and, during a visit to Leyhill prison in Gloucestershire (actually a visit to the arboretum, farm shop and museum) I found that one has survived.

You can look at it www.geocities.com/iancook2000/fiats_2> here. THere were a couple of other things of motoring interest, which I have also posted.

Ian
(Crikey I hope this active link thingy works again this time!)
Re: Yer tiz - the Armitage Shanks! - Brill
:o)
Re: Yer tiz - the Armitage Shanks! - David W
Great pic Ian, you did well to track one down.

Just a small point, it can't be a 1947 because they didn't use that five bolt scuttle plate until 1949, you can clearly see in the photo this is a five bolt model.

David
Re: Yer tiz - the Armitage Shanks! - Flat in Fifth
Ian,

Bit disappointed to see someone had nicked the holder for the Andrex though.

Now that double engined jobbie in the next pic, like to see Tiffany Dell get that one sideways!

Stuart
Re: Yer tiz - the Armitage Shanks! - mark
Ian

My guess that it was an open top single seater was not too far wide of the mark. I got the bodywork material wrong though.

as ever

Mark