Accord Diesel - High Mileage Proposition - brambobb
I have the opportunity to buy an Accord Diesel for a good price. The car has done 60k miles though and I wondered whether anyone had any experience of these engines at 100k miles and beyond as I would like to think that I could keep it for some time.

Tweak to subject line - PU

Accord Diesel - High Mileage Proposition - 007
It would have helped if you had said how old the Accord is but I suppose that not many people would buy a new Accord Diesel in order to do short trips. Something tells me that the 60k may have been wound back from 160k. How many owners has it had?

Either way, if you click here: www.hondabeat.com/highmiles.php you may come to the conclusion that you will be getting a good car!

Since I have taken the trouble to try and help you, would you please take the trouble to let me and others know whether you buy this car and if so, how you get on with it.
Sorry for the scant information and thanks for the link to the high mileage Hondas forum.

The car is January 2005 and has had two owners. It is an I-CTDI and so I suppose that, as this engine has not been available for very long, there will not be many examples of high mileage ones. Any information on known faults would be welcome though
Accord Diesel - High Mileage Proposition - Sprice
The link posted is an American site and therefore wont include diesel stories. The in-house designed diesel is still an unknown quantity in a way is its still a new design, but it will probably be reliable and have longevity.

Someone posted recently about their experiences with a 100k Accord diesel so try the forum search function.
Accord Diesel - High Mileage Proposition - ijws15
Someone posted recently about their experiences with a 100k Accord diesel

Me, and it is now approaching 105k. It is a Feb 04 car - first diesel estate I saw!

Faults: Clutch cylinder squeak and seat motor (mine is an exec).

I will have the chance to buy it at the end of the lease (Next Feb. with projected milage of 120k) and am seriously considering doing so!

Accord Diesel - High Mileage Proposition - ijws15
BTW we have 8-10 diesel Accords on our fleet and a few have similar annual milages to mine but being the oldest mine has the highest milage. So far no significant problems with any of them. Mine is probably the worst with two faults!
Thanks for that - I contacted my local Honda agent and he said that these diesels will go on for ever - but there again he would, I suppose.

I think that I may just go ahead with the deal as I know the history of the car and it has been well looked after in spite of the mileage.
Accord Diesel - High Mileage Proposition - GroovyMucker
It's not strictly relevant to you, but I hope it helps if I tell you that my 2000 Accord 2.0 petrol has done 120,000 and feels good for at least the same amount again.
Accord Diesel - High Mileage Proposition - adverse camber
60K on a 2.5 year old diesel isnt high miles! There are a number of 2004 ones on autotrader up to 170K miles

How much are they asking (I'm thinking of one of these as a possible next car). 2004 100K seems to equal about £7000.
Accord Diesel - High Mileage Proposition - Chris M
60K in 2.5 years in a petrol isn't high miles either. Nicely run in and your getting a fairly new car cheap.