Spray to protect/waterproof seat fabric - Halmer
Just wondered if anyone had come across an aerosol spray that i could use to protect the seat fabric on my wife's car.

For some reason so much as a drop of rain on the seat leaves an unsightly dirty looking circular mark that can only be removed with a damp cloth.

I wondered if there was a spray on the market that gives a waterproof quality to fabrics.
Spray to protect/waterproof seat fabric - Aprilia
You could try Diamondbrite car upholstery protector. take a look on ebay.
Spray to protect/waterproof seat fabric - Stuartli
ScotchGuard is probably the best known. Illustrations at:

tinyurl.com/2awtn6

Also see:

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=15760
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by
Spray to protect/waterproof seat fabric - AR-CoolC
www.chemicalguysuk.com/product_p/fabgrd.htm

This is very good indeed, I coated my seats about 6 months ago now, and spils just sit on top giving you that few seconds requires to soak it up before it gets a chance to soak into the fabric.

I also used it to protect a friends fabric roof on his Z3.

In fact I use a lot of the products from this company, the 50/50 Connoisseur wax ( www.chemicalguysuk.com/product_p/50-fslash-50.htm )is fantasic.

Spray to protect/waterproof seat fabric - CGNorwich
Out of interest what is your wife's car car? I have a CMax and this is a real problem - Water stains are a pain to get rid of. Never thought of treating the seats with anything though. Thanks for the idea

It's a Punto with light grey cloth seats.

If water drips in through an open window it leaves stains that make the seats look filthy.
AR

Is that first product an aerosol spray?
Managed to get hold of the Scotchguard so I'll let you know how I go thanks.

H
Spray to protect/waterproof seat fabric - BobbyG
H, would be interested in how you go. My Fabia vrS is hopeless with the same issue , light grey seats, water stains are awful on it.

In fact for the first time in my life I am seriously thinking of paying a professional valet to clean the seats but once cleaned, I will want them to stay that way!
--
2007 Seat Altea XL 2.0 TDI (140) Stylance
2005 Skoda Fabia vrS
Spray to protect/waterproof seat fabric - Stuartli
Our local Tesco Extra has several choices of seat covers.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by
Gave it a spray this morning. Went back after ten mins or so and was mildly alarmed when it seemed to be drying somewhat patchy. After an hour (it recommends leaving overnight) it was even although the seats do look slightly whiter that they were and there is a bit of a white dust residue remaining that will need to be hoovered off (I'm getting such a nerd these days).

The description of the product indicates that it will give the fabric a waterproof and stain resistant quality which hopefully will do the trick.

I'll let you know when the seats get wet or abused!