Parking Issues - IanW1977
Evening BR

Who do I contact Re Parking Issues in our road ?

Basically we live on a hill which is a cut through from the Main A458.

Half way up ish is a right hand bend which on it is Two Trees virtually opposite each other and then a car and Van park either side of these trees on both sides.

As we live just past the bend when we turn right on our drive if anyone is coming up the hill they can't see past the tree/car/van combination and there have been a fair few misses.

This works both ways as reversing off our drive is becoming more and more risky.

Oh and the Cars/Vans are both parked half on and half off the pavement.
Parking Issues - retgwte
youre expecting the lego judicial and govt burocats to help an honest ordinary person? forget it, theyre all out nicking folk for doing 35 in a 30 and planning more speed bumps

you may hear from them if you fail to pay some tax, otherwise its a waste of time, help from the public sector is like hens teeth or as they say these days like a hospital cleaner

Council can't help - Looks like the only way it will get sorted is if there is a fatality, Although those damn trees being cut down would help
Parking Issues - Armitage Shanks {p}
You could help youself by reversing into your parking and thus come out forwards but I realise that this will only ease the problem and not get rid of it.
Parking Issues - CGNorwich
If the cars are parked so as to cause a danger to other road users it is a matter for the police. The following from our local police authority website:

"If parking on the highway causes an obstruction or danger the Police can use their traffic powers. "

Wouldn't guarantee an immediate response though!

Parking Issues - Dwight Van Driver
First action would be to confer with the two that park to acquaint them with your problem. They maybe able to resolve before getting their backs up on the second action if the first doesn 't work.

[2] Arrange site meeting with Police and rep from Traffic Management Dept of LA to discuss as to what positive action can be take.

dvd
Parking Issues - drbe
Potentially a tricky one.

If you approach the people doing the parking directly, then if you do need subsequently to bring in the police and/or local authority you will have shown your hand and they will make a shrewd guess as to the complainant.

If you go straight to the police/local authority, that might seem a bit heavy handed - always assuming you get some sort of response from them.

How about the middle road/ cowards way? put a polite anonymous notice on the windscreens of both vehicles, pointing out that the sight lines are compromised by their parking in that position. See if that has any effect, if not you could then make an official complaint with a clearer conscience.
Parking Issues - boxsterboy
Copper nails in the trees might help. Slow but, I believe, effective in killing them in time.
Parking Issues - FotheringtonThomas
Perhaps you could talk to the people who run the cars/vans and see whether they can park a little differently? You could also try talking to the Highways Dept. of your council (look up a contact on the 'net or ask the switchboard) - be nice and chatty and discuss your concerns. They may send someone around to look at the issue.
Parking Issues - Peter D
A vehicle half on the pavement can be reported and ticketed by a warden or polove officer. This would however cause them to park on the road causing a greater problem. is the raod a 'B' classified road. Regards Peter
Parking Issues - L'escargot
A vehicle half on the pavement can be reported and ticketed by a warden or
polove officer.

I understand that the police accept pavement parking provided there is a 1 metre width left free.
--
L\'escargot.
Parking Issues - L'escargot
I understand that the police accept pavement parking provided there is a 1 metre width
left free.

On the other hand ~ lots of authoratitive information here tinyurl.com/2pdv8n regarding parking.
--
L\'escargot.
Parking Issues - rogue-trooper
Why does the answer have to be to cut the trees down? By the sound of it they are a decent size and I would therefore suspect that they have been in place a bit longer than you have been living at your house. I also think that you might regret it if the tree disappeared.
The trees are "trimmed" so the council know there is an issue although my neighbour who has lived there 40 odd years says this used to happen regular but now only once in 5 years I have seen it.

Would love to reverse on my drive but I know in a week I would be hit.