Selling a car for export. - blue_haddock
Hello folks,

I've not been round too much over the last few months due to work, women etc but i'm sort of back now and could do with your help!

I've have recently had my Golf GTi up for sale and was messed about by the ebay winner but have managed to arrange a sale with someone else. They are flying over from dublin to pick it up and will be taking it back to the republic with them.

What i need to know is how do i fill the V5 in to show it has been exported. From looking at it i just need to fill in the purple section 11 and send that off to swansea but do we need to fill in section 5 "new keeper" details as well?

Cheers

Kev
Anyone know anything about this? The DVLA website is no help at all.
Selling a car for export. - ma
Fill in the vehicle exported slip on the right of the v5 and give the rest to the new owner, he will need this to register in Ireland. As long as you fill in the Eport slip you're obligations are fulfilled!
Thats precisely what i thought i needed to do but the way it was worded was as if i was exporting it rather than selling it to someone who was exporting it.
Selling a car for export. - jc2
If you're selling it to someone else who is exporting it,you do NOT fill in the export slip-you transfer ownership in the normal way.
but he's irish and will be driving it straight to holyhead so informing DVLA of a transfer wouldn't be applicable surely?
Selling a car for export. - stevek
To my way of thinking if you complete the new owners details and then send this off then you have done what is required. Whatever the new owner does with the car is irrelevent.
Selling a car for export. - Pugugly {P}
I would say that you are the one exporting is despite the fact the guy's collecting it. Phone DVLA they can be remarkably helpful.
Selling a car for export. - stevek
Sorry but that wont stand up in a court. Who is buying the ferry ticket? Who is driving it to Ireland? The OP is not proposing to do any of these things-just sell a car to someone who will do that. The OP has no finanical interest in the export of the car. No connection with liability can therefore be made.

Liability ends with filling in the new buyers name and address and advising DVLA (by post mainly).

However what is interesting to me though as a general issue, is if a buyer gives a false name/address. Is the OP responsible for anything after than and to what degree should the seller check the buyers credentials.

Well the car has gone now, i've filled in the export section and will send that off, we both signed the V5 but he took it with him as it will be needed to register it in ireland.

I couldn't see why the DVLA should need the new owners details as surely they wouldn't send a logbook to the republic.