Want an old motor? - martint123
180 cars found in a Portugese barn that had been welded shut for the last 15 years.

http:forocoches.com/foro/showthread.php?t=548055

The above link is now dead. Someone has since posted a valid link further down, but is repeated here in case you didn't find it.

forum.autohoje.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=97706&whichp...7

Want an old motor? - Altea Ego
WOW .....................
------------------------------
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
Want an old motor? - yorkiebar
Would love to have a good look in there !
Want an old motor? - lucklesspedestrian
Chris Waddle!
Want an old motor? - Pugugly {P}
That red "proper" Mini Cooper - wow !
Want an old motor? - tr7v8
Hubba Hubba some lovely Italian cars in there!
Want an old motor? - Petel
14.31 hrs Sunday. Where have the pictures gone ?
14.43 sunday, still there ! For me anyway.
Well they are gone for me, just the usual blank spaces with the red cross in the top L/H corners.

I have changed nothing on my system since yesterday, I am logged in and have refreshed screen.
Still no pictures. Anyone know what is happening here please?
Want an old motor? - Pugugly {P}
and me the same (as in not there)
Want an old motor? - LeePower
Working fine here, just tried the link.
Want an old motor? - mal
No pictures for me neither :-(
Want an old motor? - madf
Right click
Show picture
should solve the problem..
madf
.*********
Nah, still no pictures. Is this my ISP playing silly b's with the bandwidth?
Want an old motor? - P.Mason {P}
The pics. have gone for me, too. Right clicking and selecting 'show picture' does nothing..

P.
Want an old motor? - zm
No Pics for me either!!!
Want an old motor? - CJay{P}
yep, they gone!
Still there for me!

But can't explain why or why not !
Want an old motor? - local yokel
Try www.intuh.net/barnfinds/
Want an old motor? - Dynamic Dave
I can't see the pics either. There is mention of this in that thread as well.
Want an old motor? - drbe
Try www.intuh.net/barnfinds/

I can see the pictures in that link, but not with the earlier one, I wonder why?
Want an old motor? - madf
Gone now... probably taking up too much bandwidth and screwing up the site servers.
madf
Want an old motor? - local yokel
Those who saw them early on may well be viewing them in their local cache, rather than online. Clear the cache (some are set to do so after 24 hours) and they won't now be visible.
OK got them back with the second link.
Thanks to all.
Car Find of the Century - steveb
Found in a barn on a newly purchased farm in Portugal.

Enjoy...........

forum.autohoje.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=97706&whichp...7

Steve
Car Find of the Century - Tim Allcott
already posted last week, I think: but I can see the pictures from this link (couldn't from the last)

Tim{P}

{Threads now merged - obviously - DD}
Car Find of the Century - Nsar
I suppose that's impressive if you're into that kind of thing

Seriously though was it me being rubbish or did there seem to be at least three Bristols in there? The blue car in the third pic looked like one. You're thinking wow then you spot an Alfasud in there. What kind of bonkers collecting criteria was going on here if Alfasud formed part of it.

Keep scrolling beyond the pics, and check out the forum member called Leodas T-shirts it's like LJK Setright after 6 months in Goa.

My Portugese is non-existent - what's the punch line, did the new owner of the farm get to keep the motors?
Car Find of the Century - Micky
Link is very slow, if it's a collection of cars that haven't seen the light of day for many years, then what a waste.
Car Find of the Century - zm
It'll be fascinating to hear the story behind these cars.
Barn Find - Portugal - Dulwich Estate
I came upon this website today. Why do people store cars away like this?

www.intuh.net/barnfinds/index.htm
Barn Find - Portugal - local yokel
So that people like us can drool over them. BTW - this barn find was all over the interweb about 4 months ago.

moved in here which appears to be the same barn !
-PU
Barn Find - Portugal - bell boy
have you been stored in a barn yourself young dulwich?
we saw these yon pictures 6 months ago ;-)
Barn Find - Portugal - Lud
64 white tiles. Wonder what they'll fetch at Sothebys.
Barn Find - Portugal - mike hannon
Wow - I'll have all the Lancias.
I'm old enough to remember what a darn good little motor the Alfasud was, too - while it lasted.
Portugal is pretty amazing - you can get a crick in your neck staring at all the old British motors still pottering around.
I even came across a complete Fowler steam roller that looked in working order in one little village. Old Glory magazine didn't bother to reply to my email but if anyone wants pix and a location my email is on the profile.
Barn Find - Portugal - Cliff Pope
I don't know why people form these collections, but the habit seems to be widespread. I knew of one in Pembrokeshire a few years ago. The man had a barn full of old cars - from Austin 7s to 30s Rolls- Royces. There were more outside, including a rusty Lotus Cortina which he refused £800 for in 1984. He never used any of them, or restored them, and jealously kept people out who tried to get a peep at them. When he died 10 years later all the cars outside had rotted away and went for scrap, and those indoors fetched very little as a job lot.
Barn Find - Portugal - J Bonington Jagworth
"I don't know why people form these collections"

Lots of people collect things, and I can think of plenty worse. We had a garage owner (I knew him because he sold me my first car) who both drove and collected E-types. When he died, his wife gave them away to people who had supported them and that she felt would give them a good home, at which point I rather wished I'd cultivated their aquaintance better!
Barn Find - Portugal - J Bonington Jagworth
"Wow - I'll have all the Lancias."

Very tempting, but quite a restoration job, I suspect. Most of the rubber and upholstery will have rotted, if it hasn't been eaten by mice...
Barn Find - Portugal - Lud
One of the Lancias was just a skeleton, but the other(s) looked OK outside. The Aurelia B20 was a real beauty.

The jewel of the bunch was the Fiat Balilla I thought, and in impeccable nick too.

Some of the cars seemed to have been misidentified, and the pix were terrible.

Lots of bird, mouse bat and owl poo too. Towit towoo!
Barn Find - Portugal - Dulwich Estate
"So that people like us can drool over them. BTW - this barn find was all over the interweb about 4 months ago."

OK, OK, local yokel - sorry for the delay. I'm not a regular anymore and have a non-chatroom based life now.

Mmmm - I think I'll just go outside for a walk - I may be some time.
'Barn Find' (Classic Cars in Barns) - blue_haddock
i could of sworn i've seen this posted recently
'Barn Find' (Classic Cars in Barns) - cheddar
Yes, I have seen this before though it never fails to amaze, accounting for the 205 etc it cant have been shut up more than 20 years ago and some of thses cars were worth a fortune then.
'Barn Find' (Classic Cars in Barns) - mal
Can any one elaborate on the story behind this?.
'Barn Find' (Classic Cars in Barns) - deepwith
'Tis an urban myth - the owner was a dealer who collected these cars in the '70s and '80s, then recently asked a photographer to record his collection. See www.snopes.com/photos/automobiles/barnfind.asp for further details
'Barn Find' (Classic Cars in Barns) - pmh
See
www.sportscarmarket.com/portugesebarnfind.pdf
for a listing.

--

pmh (was peter)

'Barn Find' (Classic Cars in Barns) - Pete M
Well the 'buying a farm and finding the cache' part might be an urban myth but the collection seem genuine enough. What extraordinary patience to sit on such a collection for so long. Will these be now sold off?
'Barn Find' (Classic Cars in Barns) - mal
But how would they clean them up without damaging the paintwork?, I would imagine compressed air followed by power washing will still not remove all that muck before a wash sponge can be applied!.
'Barn Find' (Classic Cars in Barns) - DP
Wow! I'd be like a kid in a toy shop if I went in there.

That red Cooper S is stunning!
--
04 Grand Scenic 1.9 dCi Dynamique
00 Mondeo 1.8TD LX