Bent crankshaft auxiliary belt pulley - Dr Bob
I have a 2003 Saab 9-5 2.2 Tid which recently had its water pump replaced after it had been leaking pretty badly for about a week. A week or so later it shredded and threw off the auxiliary drive belt - driving the ACC, power steering, water pump (not the timing belt, fortunately). This was repaired at the roadside but it has now partially shredded the new drive belt again some fifty miles later. The crankshaft pulley appears to be slightly bent; when the engine is running it looks as though the outer edge is wobbling from side to side.

Could this have been done when the first belt snapped and was thrown off? is anything else likely to have been damaged? the car is due to be recovered (again!) tomorrow.
Bent crankshaft auxiliary belt pulley - bathtub tom
I'm not familiar with this engine. Would this pulley have needed to be removed when the earlier work was done? It may have been clumsily levered off, or hammered back on. I've also seen lazy mechanics lever a belt over a pulley (it's amazing how far they can stretch) when they can't be bothered to to release whatever means of tensioning is used!
Bent crankshaft auxiliary belt pulley - MerlinTec
Hi
Most likely the vibration damper (rubber insert) in the pulley that has broken up and may well be from when the water pump was done.