Headlamp converters - Schuey
Hi, taking the Mk2 Renault Scenic to France next month, the headlamp lenses are plastic if you are familiar with these.

What ones are recommended by yourselves.

Thank you
Headlamp converters - stackman
You can buy stick-on headlamp diverters from halfords, Tescos etc.

Can't remember the make, think they are by one of the headlamp manufacturers, but they cost about 8 quid and came with a list of cars and diagrams of how to stick them on, which bits to cut off etc.

I have a Laguna and Dad has a Scenic mk II and they were both covered.
Headlamp converters - Armitage Shanks {p}
The problem is, or can be, knowing where to stick the deflector. If your car has a totally clear, unpatterned outer lens where you put the masking device?
Headlamp converters - rustbucket
The problem is or can be knowing where to stick the deflector. If your car
has a totally clear unpatterned outer lens where you put the masking device?

On my scenic with clear polycarb lenses the center of the lamp is marked with a ring or pip moulded into the lens (you have to look carefully) you then follow the instructions which position the mask in relationship to the center of the lamp.Removing the mask after was no problem and left no residue or damage.
--
rustbucket (the original)
Headlamp converters - Bromptonaut
Procedure on a Berlingo is much same as rustbucket describes for the scenic.
Headlamp converters - bintang
Sticking anything on the lenses direct could damage them as they are probably polycarbonate or suchlike. Best pay around £30 for the correcting lenses the car maker should be able to supply. They clip into the headlamp surrounds. Then the black stickers also supplied go over those. The converters for my new model Colt are so fiddly to fit that I leave them on, just removing the stickers when returning to the UK.
Headlamp converters - quizman

When I go to France in the summer I don't bother. It's light till quite late and you can always lower the dipped lights. Nobody ever checks them, don't worry.

Headlamp converters - Armitage Shanks {p}
Quizman - that's true! When did you last see a Continental registered car over here with beam deflectors fitted - or a national plate on the back although it could be incorporated in the number plate,
Headlamp converters - Bromptonaut
I don't think the fact that Poles, or even some Frogs, are (allegedly) getting away with it in the UK will wash with French police.

While you can plan to be at base by dark events can conspire. Day trip to Rocher des Nye a couple of years ago; lack of parking for high cars, a longer than planned walk and slow meal service in Montreux saw us return to our cars in Geneva at midnight instead of 7pm, even after picking up some time with a train change.

Then there are tunnels and poor visibility in rain.
Headlamp converters - local yokel
Most headlights have a hatched zone on them that marks the area of the beam that needs to be masked to prevent dipped lights dazzling oncoming drivers.

Take duct tape and cut it to shape to cover the hatched area. I do that, and I've driven about 4,000 miles in France, Belgium and Holland since last October.

I've not been stopped once, except in broad daylight when the Dutch police were checking IDs and nothing else.