New Citroen C5 - DSLRed
Not everyone's cup of tea I know, but has anyone got any thoughts about the new C5.

cars.uk.msn.com/News/car_news_article.aspx?cp-docu...0

Not sure I should be posting the above link - feel free to remove it mods if not.

(That's okay, Mile Muncher, because I don't have the pic. HJ)

However, as a current shape C5 owner who actually rather likes his car, all the multitude of boys toys that come with it, as well as the sublime comfort on my many long motorway trips, I must say I am impressed with the external style update.

Anyone got any sneek previews of the internal styling. It's not due to be officially unveiled until September.
New Citroen C5 - Kuang
I hope the real thing doesn't actually look like that photoshop image - it has some nice body lines and I really like the front, but the two don't seem to meet very well. Either that or it's already run into a few walls..
New Citroen C5 - bell boy
im going to say i love it so tvm can say he hates it
;-o
New Citroen C5 - rtj70
Might bother some that it will be 4-door and estate only. No longer a 5-door hatch. It will also be bigger.
New Citroen C5 - DSLRed
Might bother some that it will be 4-door and estate only. No longer a 5-door
hatch. It will also be bigger.

Can't see how it can get too much bigger than it already is, as much as I do like the current car overall, I have to admit the current incarnation is a bit of a barge. It's massively bigger than the Toledo I had before it, noticable when trying to stick it in some of the smaller sized parking bays around.
New Citroen C5 - v0n
Might bother some that it will be 4-door and estate only. No longer a 5-door
hatch.

Surely that can't be true. The money in that sector is in hatchbacks and hatchbacks only. Saloons are completely useless as family cars. No company in their right mind would drop hatchbacks unless they want to loose their market completely and attempt to invade executive car market, and we know it won't happen for Citroen. Ever.
--------------------
[Nissan 2.2 dCi are NOT Renault engines. Grrr...]
New Citroen C5 - rtj70
"Surely that can't be true. The money in that sector is in hatchbacks and hatchbacks only."

Apparently they have gone for the curved rear window like the C6 on the saloon - not possible to to with a hatchback. Therefore saloon or estate only.
New Citroen C5 - Screwloose

They may be going to unveil it in September - but it'll be nearly Christmas before they'll get the BSI software to finally code-in a key and actually start the thing...

The French should stick to 2CVs. They don't understand electricity.
New Citroen C5 - rtj70
It will get bigger to compete with the new Mondeo... and then the new bigger Vectra. Bigger Avensis. And new bigger 2008 Mazda6 (shares the chassis with the new Mondeo although it is an enhancement of the current 6 chassis, i.e. bigger and wider).
New Citroen C5 - DSLRed
They may be going to unveil it in September - but it'll be nearly Christmas
before they'll get the BSI software to finally code-in a key and actually start the
thing...
The French should stick to 2CVs. They don't understand electricity.

That will be plenty of time then before it it released next year !! :)

Not sure why Citroen always seems to get the 'french thing' kicking when Renault and Peugeot seem to get away with it. :)

New Citroen C5 - Screwloose
Not sure why Citroen always seems to get the 'french thing' kicking when Renault and
Peugeot seem to get away with it. :)

It's probably because they claim that their cars are "alive with [non-functional] technology..."

Renault and Peugeot's time will come....
New Citroen C5 - Lud
Haven't seen a decent example of really carp fabric coachwork since, oh, I don't know, 1950 or thereabouts. And it was pretty old then (that's why it was carp).

How very original of Citroen, or whatever they are really called these days. Don't think it'll sell though unless they iron it before it hits the showroom.

There was one that looked like A C4 with a boot though, fabric removed. Damn sight better looking than the C5s I've seen so far.
New Citroen C5 - boxsterboy
It's probably because they claim that their cars are "alive with [non-functional] technology..."

Well I'm sorry to disappoint you, but my 'alive with technology' C4 has been 100% reliable so far.

But I must say I like the look of the new C5, especially the new 'stealth' bodywork they have gone for. Does this mean those dreaded speed cameras won't pick it up??
New Citroen C5 - Waino
The French should stick to 2CVs. They don't understand electricity.>>

This is not very encouraging - they own most of our electricity supply industry ;-)
New Citroen C5 - Altea Ego
im going to say i love it so tvm can say he hates it
;-o

your such a liar BB, you hate anything french.
------------------------------
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >