Whats this worth, which should I sell ? - graham woods
Hi All on yet another wet saturday night. Right, Sadly my father has recently died (84 bless him) any-way, kindly he has left me his car. I already have a car and cannot decide which one to keep, and which one to sell. (My dad would not bothered either way)
The car from my dad is
TOYOTA YARIS VERSO T SPRIT D4-D. 1.4 DIESEL. REG 16/8/2003 ON A 03 PLATE.
It is one owner from new(my dad) done 49,170 miles with full toyota main dealer service history.(from where my dad bought it from). It has a full m.o.t, 5 service stamps in the book. The last service being done by toyota 2 weeks ago.
It is a nice metalic blue. Manual 5 speed box. What is this worth if I sell it private?
My other car is a ford ka, 2003 reg, 03. It has covered just 16,000 miles from new with 2 prev elderly lady owners(both sisters) It is metalic black, fully stamped ford service history, just been serviced again by ford main dealers. My Questions is: Which one would I be better keeping, and which one should I sell, If its the toyota, What do you think I will get for it. Many Thanks for any advice, Graham.
Whats this worth, which should I sell ? - flunky
Yaris probably £4k, Ka, £2.5k, but perhaps you could get more for the Ka as private sale
Whats this worth, which should I sell ? - flunky
proper valuation via glass's link over there

<--------------

Ka is obviously cheap and nasty.
Thanks Flunky.Graham.
Forgot to say the ford ka has the 1.3 duratec engine in it, and both cars run perfect.Thanks all.Graham.
Whats this worth, which should I sell ? - Lud
Sorry for yr loss gw.

Keep the Yaris unless you hate the way it drives and love the Ford. Or of course keep them both. When one goes wrong you suddenly realise how useful it is to have another in which to nip down to the motor factor for a crankshaft or whatever....
Hi Lud, I would love to keep both of them, but really it is not practical for me to do so,as well as the expence, insurance, etc,etc. Also I really like them both, but one has to go.Difficult for me to make a decision.Thanks, Graham.
Whats this worth, which should I sell ? - Pugugly {P}
Toyota. Sell the Ford and have a nice holiday on the proceeds.
Whats this worth, which should I sell ? - Altea Ego
Graham

It depends how much you need money. The Yaris would sell for more.

If I didnt need the money, the yaris is a much more grown up, practical, comfortable, versatile car.
------------------------------
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
Plus you have a bit of your dads memory to spin around in.
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
Whats this worth, which should I sell ? - stunorthants26
We had a similar dilemma - my dad was running an '89 Mazda 323 in almost mint cond which he had run through his company and spent thousands making it perfect for his retirement - then my grandfather died and my grandmother gave him his car - a '93 Astra estate auto, owned from new by my grandfather and for me, a part of my childhood memories. He spent thousands on it also over the years he owned it so it was a choice between two very useable cars.

In the end, my dad decided that the Astra was more practical and as an auto, better for him as he got older and less co-ordinated. It was also very hard for us to sell a part of my grandfather although it seems easier now, esp as the thing is starting to look rather tatty, despite being mechaincally sound as. We have given up trying to stop the wheel arches rusting but the car only does 2k a year at the most so we are just waiting for engine or gearbox to fail and then it will prob be parked up and replaced.

In the OP case, if they have a Ka that they obviously bought to fullfill a role, the Yaris sounds like its surplus and if it has no sentimental attachment, id sell that and pocket more cash.
Whats this worth, which should I sell ? - Avant
Graham - if you like the idea of having some extra cash to spend, do as Pugugly suggests and sell the Ka. But as an alternative, if Flunky's figures are near the mark, you could buy a new Ka or, say, a newish Yaris (they have stopped making the Verso, probably becaue it's so ugly!) with the proceeds.

With both cars 4 years old, even well-maintained ones like these will give some big wear-and-tear bills in the short or medium term. If it were me I'd flog them both and enjoy something newer with a warranty.
Whats this worth, which should I sell ? - whoopwhoop
Avant has hit the nail on the head.

Sell both and buy a new car.
Oh its a verso, I didnt notice that. Sell it, its too ugly to have hanging around.
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
Whats this worth, which should I sell ? - bell boy
ignore tvm graham the verso is well coveted by people that know anything about cars
as regards your predicament..first my condolences an aunt of mine same age passed away last week,a sad loss,a lovely woman
to your problem
put one in the garage for a month, doesnt matter which..
reapraise in a months time
money isnt important sometimes
>verso is well coveted by people that know anything about cars

which is why it sold in such huge numbers and Toyota kept making it for years. Not.

TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
Whats this worth, which should I sell ? - Westpig
surely the answer is:

which one gives you most pleasure to drive/own

sell the other one
Whats this worth, which should I sell ? - doog
Having looked at the verso

www.parkers.co.uk/cars/reviews/Review.aspx?model=9...9

I would sell both and buy a Yaris
Whats this worth, which should I sell ? - doog
as so

www.parkers.co.uk/cars/reviews/Review.aspx?model=1...7
Whats this worth, which should I sell ? - Aretas
If you sell your dad's car you are removing some of the memories. Makes the decision more difficult.
Whats this worth, which should I sell ? - Martin Devon
If neither actually suit you sell both and move on. Your dad will still love yer. I kept my Fathers car for ages, (Mondeo 1.8) and eventually moved it on, but if you don't need it or it doesn't suit then say farewell.

vbr..................MD
Whats this worth, which should I sell ? - cheddar
Very sorry about your loss.

I am afraid that I have to agree that the Yaris Verso is very ugly, that alone would convince me to keep the Ford, otherwise trade both for something newer.

Also we have a friend with a troublesome Yaris (relative to our Clio) , based on their experience I am not sure we would consider one.
Hi all. Thanks all so much for your comments and views on this posting. Right, I have come to a conclusion today, And i have found it simple to do. I sat in it today and sat there upset me emotionaly, Which I think is to be expected. And based SOLELY on this alone I am going to sell the toyota. Some of you may say you will get over it, of course I will, but I could not cope with these thoughts on a daily basis. I loved my dad, but hated him when i was a young un for the things I had to endure from him(please do not ask because i will not tell you). So there you go. Once again, Thanks so much.... P.S. Any-one want a nice toyota ? l.o.l Graham.
Whats this worth, which should I sell ? - mss1tw
Condolences Graham :o) All the best with the sale.
Thanks so much mss1tw.
Whats this worth, which should I sell ? - DP
Condolencies on your loss, and glad you've reached a decision.

I hope the sale goes smoothly.

Cheers
DP
--
04 Grand Scenic 1.9 dCi Dynamique
00 Mondeo 1.8TD LX
97 Ford Fiesta 1.4 16v Chicane (for sale)
Whats this worth, which should I sell ? - Happy Blue!
Irrespective of TVM's comments, I know several people who would probably fancy the Yaris. Where are you Graham?
Hi Espada III, I am in lancashire M65 J4. Thanks. ( darrens.woods@btconnect.com)
Whats this worth, which should I sell ? - 1066
i think you made the right choice.
when i was a teenager my granddad died and left me a 7series 735i. i could afford the insurance but every time i drove it on my own i felt sad and upset so i had to sell it even though i loved that car.
Once again, thanks all so much.... time for a beer.... Graham.
Whats this worth, which should I sell ? - mss1tw
How about eBay? I'm sure a tidy well looked after car with plenty of photos and a thorough honest description would go for a very good amount on there.
Hi Again mss1tw, I looked on ebay today with the same thing in mind, but could not find one of these exact models, I do not know why?..... Thanks, Graham.
Whats this worth, which should I sell ? - Happy Blue!
Your not too far away.

Let me know how much and I will ask around. Only this evening I heard of a family seeking a Yaris to replace a Matiz. The Verso may well suit them better.

EIII
Hi Espada, Can you give me a idea on price? p.s. Can you contact me via my email rather than honest john, as we seem to be side tracking from this posting, Thanks, Graham.