Rear Demister Kit - wazza
About 25+ years ago there were cars on the road which came without a rear screen demister. I got a kit from Charlie Brown. You stick the heating element on the rear screen and wire it up. Can you still get this kit nowadays? Friend has a Nippa Peruda and is fed up cleaning the rear screen in today's wonderful summer weather :-(

If the kit is unavailable what is the best solution for reducing condensation of the rear screen? I have suggested..

1. get a sponge on a long stick so she can wipe the rear screen from the driver's seat

2. smear fairy on the inside of the rear screen, or

3. slightly open the rear windows, thinking that inside the car will be humid.
Rear Demister Kit - henry k
www.tssc2.org.uk/catalog.asp?category=200403011543...7
Rear Demister Kit - Pugugly {P}
Wow - I've gone back to the 70s !! What a site !
Strange, i was looking at this earlier www.triumphshop.co.uk/Quiller/Parts/partsnewproduc...m
Rear Demister Kit - bell boy
i would be very wary fitting one of these kits to a modern car as the actual glass is much thinner and i would think quite likely to shatter.
My solution would be to see if the manufacturer does an upmarket model with the glass already fitted with the element and have this fitted or do it yourself,you could possibly buy a complate tailgate for less than £100 same colour,you might even find the factory wiring behind the trim and also behind the dash
Thought of that but the trouble is Nippa Perouda are rare and not as common as say a fiesta which can be found at any scrapyard ( or should that be recycling centre?)
Rear Demister Kit - Pugugly {P}
Would an old Kia Pride hatch fit ?
Will check that suggestion out. Will also need to check friends car to see if there are any wiring in place.
Rear Demister Kit - Stuartli
The best way to reduce/minimise condensation is to keep the rear screen as spotlessly clean as possible - AutoGlym Glass Cleaner is my preferred choice.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by
Rear Demister Kit - tom_79
Isn't the Nippa based on a Daihatsu? (Cuore? or something like that) Might be worth looking for one of those at a breakers too.
Rear Demister Kit - Kuang
I think the Kelisa was based on the Cuore, but the Nippa did use a lot of Daihatsu parts. I used to know someone with a Nippa and I swear it had a demister, but I don't know if that was specific to the trim level - the GX was the better one, if such a thing could be said for anything related to the Nippa.. ;)
Ebay -less than 2 days to go

tinyurl.com/2q4wm4
Rear Demister Kit - Stuartli
Also a universal kit at the bottom of this link:

tinyurl.com/2at6vc

>>Friend has a Nippa Peruda and is fed up cleaning the rear screen in today's wonderful summer weather :-(

So you need a HRW. So contact windscreen replacement companies and enquire re a replacement for the existing glass.

I did this over 30 years ago.
I was amazed to see a similar car to mine with a HRW ( not available on production cars)
I found out that a batch of 200 had beeen made so I then spent time phoning around until I found one in stock and had the rear glass swopped.
Nippa's daddy... - Bilboman
is Mr Perodua.
So he's a Perodua Nippa, not the other way round!
The Reliant Robin had the same problem.
The only other car of "uncertain parentage" I can think of is the Vauxhall Carlton Lotus . Or was it Vauxhall Lotus Carlton? Or just Lotus Carlton? Or... ??
Nippa's daddy... - Stuartli
It was, IIRC, the Lotus Carlton. I recall driving one around the Lotus test track at Hethel - splendid driving machine at the time.
Nippa's daddy... - henry k
>>It was, IIRC, the Lotus Carlton.

This agrees with you. - www.lotus-carlton.co.uk/
Nippa's daddy... - jc2
Won't clear ice but a little 12v. fan-available at many accessory shops-will get rid of condensation.
Nippa's daddy... - wazza
Women, aaarrrgggghhhh. Went to have a look at her car. She has a heating element/rear demister on the back screen. She had the car for 3 years and was not aware of it or its purpose. She did not bother to try any switches on the dashboard to see if it works. Anyway thanks for the replies.
Nippa's daddy... - neil
While you'rte there, could you ask her to turn her foglights off...?

I mean, that orange light is cute, but...!

;-)
Nippa's daddy... - wazza
I won't mention the fact that she destroyed her pc's motherboard when she forced the keyboard ps2 plug into the back of the pc. she bent the pin and no keyboards will work.
Nippa's daddy... - wazza
Heard this old joke where women used to pull out the choke knob and hang their handbags LOL
Nippa's daddy... - Simon
Would you believe I've got one of those kits brand new stashed away in my garage. Its a proper old one as well, still in its original packaging.
Nippa's daddy... - Bilboman
One final word on this tangent I seem to have spun off onto...
"The Lotus Carlton - the family car for the Fittipaldis" (Jasper Carrot)