Vauxhall Zafira, VW Touran or Ford C-Max - wazza
Just been awarded high mobility of DLA which enables me to get a car on the mobility scheme. Need something with higher seating position in order to make it easier to in and out of the car. Hence the above selection. Any advice which one to go for? They will be basic model probably 1.6 or 1.8 petrol engine. Would like an automatic but will be happy with a manual.

{Typo in subject header corrected - DD}
Vauxhal Zafira, VW Touran or Ford C-Max - Altea Ego
Touran has higher seats, easier to get in and out of. Its heavy tho and the 1.6 is not enough, has no 1.8 in s trim.
------------------------------
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
Vauxhal Zafira, VW Touran or Ford C-Max - BobbyG
Why just those three options? What about Scenic? Altea?
--
2007 Seat Altea XL 2.0 TDI (140) Stylance
2005 Skoda Fabia vrS
Vauxhal Zafira, VW Touran or Ford C-Max - wazza
Trouble is the renault garage is too far out. The above garages are close by. Just realised there is a Mazda 5 to consider as well
Vauxhal Zafira, VW Touran or Ford C-Max - Pugugly {P}
I would say difficult to recommend in your circumstances and a test drive would be the only way to be sure - for sure :-O
Vauxhal Zafira, VW Touran or Ford C-Max - ukbeefy
Look at the actual motability rates as some mfters are more generous than others eg what downpayments they charge for different models. Certainly I think some chase motability business. Renault had good deals on Meganes (especially the CC which is much cheaper than other makes' equivalents on the scheme) and perhaps Scenics.
Vauxhal Zafira, VW Touran or Ford C-Max - 1066
nissan note 1.6 se auto with no down payment.
cmax 2.0 auto with 500 quid upfront.
renault awfull and auto nearly 700 pound payment
Vauxhal Zafira, VW Touran or Ford C-Max - Brian Tryzers
Toyota Verso? Avant and I, along with some others, have discussed this at length on other threads. Very nice, comfortable, easy to drive and beautifully made - just a bit short (for my purposes, but probably not yours) of length behind the second row of seats. Goes very well with a 2.2 diesel; would probably be OK with a 1.8 petrol but is rather heavy for a 1.6.

Planning to try a Mazda 5 soon. If you get there before I do, I'll be interested to read your impressions.
Vauxhal Zafira, VW Touran or Ford C-Max - Victorbox
I would say test drive is the only way to choose, but I would add I drive 25,000 miles per year in a new shape Zafira and it has been superb over 17 months. Everything worked perfectly from delivery and (touch wood) nothing has gone wrong despite the heavy use it gets. For the "basic" model choose the Life (with aircon) as the Expression is so basic I've not seen one on the road since the Zafira was launched 2 years ago!
Vauxhal Zafira, VW Touran or Ford C-Max - Brian Tryzers
Anyone else remember - half fondly, half cringing - Nigel Hawthorne ordering Tom Conti to "Get your silly face off that Expression"?
Vauxhal Zafira, VW Touran or Ford C-Max - wazza
Story so far..

Have been to the dealers. Went to a local Ford which also sell Mazda. Had a look at C-Max and Mazda 5. The mobility guy was very helpful. C-max was fine but Mazda5 is bigger and roomier with extra 2 seats making it a 7 seater. No car was available for test drive. He said he will arrange the Mazda5 for next week.

Went to the VW dealer to see the touran. Helpful assistant. Unfortunately no demo but she arranged for me to take a showroom car for a quick drive. Nice car but felt the seat was lacking support for my thigh/leg. Also found it awkward to position myself so i can be comfortable with the positioning of my feet on the pedals. Need a longer drive so i can adjust. She will give me a call when they can get a demo.

Vauxhall. Felt like they was doing me a favour by talking to me. No test drive without appointment.

So far Mazda 5 seems favourable. Will need a test drive to confirm my decision.

Toyota models demand a high advance payment. the above cars require less than £500 advance payment.