Ford Focus - New dash - jam.gray
Hi guys. I'm new to the forum. Just bought myself a 2000 (W) Ford Focus 1.8l petrol Ghia. I'm thinking of upgrading the dash (cheaply) with something like this:-

tinyurl.com/2u2pxv {Link to an item on ebay shortened to restore page width back to normal - DD}

Anybody have any idea how difficult it would be to fit? I know nothing about cars so would I be biting off more than I can chew and what would the dangers be of trying to fit something like that?

Cheers in advance! :o)
Ford Focus - New dash - mikej
Hi there - I've also got a Mk1 Focus and whilst I haven't done this modification myself, I've been a regular visitor to a few of the Ford Focus forums, so IIRC there are a few things to bear in mind if you want to do this :

- The clear plastic dial cover/screen is very difficult to remove and can break very easily.

- The needles are very sensitive and fragile, so there's a risk of ending up with inaccurate gauges if they're disturbed/knocked off

Here is a 'How To' for installing aftermarket dials : www.focusowners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13537

and here is an example of when it can cause problems (on a Mk1.5) www.focusowners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21159
Ford Focus - New dash - jam.gray
Thanks. Very helpful! :o)