Cheapest Breakdown Cover wanted - wazza
Have a female friend who just commutes locally. She does not venture out of town or on motorway. Her annual mileage is less than 4k.

Looking for a reliable but cheap breakdown cover. Looking for prices for -

1. Cover that transports her and her car to her destination or home.

2. Cover that covers the above and also home start.

Was wondering if there will be a cheaper supplier for her. She is the only driver in the household.

thanks in advance
Cheapest Breakdown Cover wanted - Chris M
Why does she need breakdown cover - spend the money on keeping the car properly serviced. If she never leaves town, then if the worst should happen, she catches a taxi to wherever she is going and calls her garage to come and recover the car.
I have suggested this to her. Also mentioned that if she breaks down i can assist her. But she is a worrier. She will not feel at ease if she is not covered.
Cheapest Breakdown Cover wanted - gmac
Is it worth it ?
How old is the car ? Which town are we talking about ?

If the car is regularly serviced and regular checks are made, the car shouldn't give many problems. I would have thought she'd be better putting the money away for the frequent exhausts she'll be requiring and an interim (6 monthly oil change).
Cheapest Breakdown Cover wanted - Ruperts Trooper
Autonational £88 for the cover your friend wants - currently on offer at 15 mths for cost of 12 - 25% NCB reduces subsequent premiums to £66
Autonational £88 for the cover your friend wants - currently on offer at 15 mths
for cost of 12 - 25% NCB reduces subsequent premiums to £66

thanks will look into this
Cheapest Breakdown Cover wanted - SpamCan61 {P}
RAC using Tesco Clubcard points is still 25 quid:-

www.tesco.com/clubcard/deals/product.aspx?R=200&bc...y
Cheapest Breakdown Cover wanted - catcher
Autoaid £34 - pay then reclaim.
www.autoaidbreakdown.co.uk/
Cheapest Breakdown Cover wanted - martint123
I'd go for Autoaid as well (I do). www.moneysavingexpert.com/insurance/roadside-recov...y
Cheapest Breakdown Cover wanted - Carse
Green flag for me, mid £60 mark and includes all you stated plus replacement hire car and if travelling hotel accomodation (obvious limits apply)

Carse
Cheapest Breakdown Cover wanted - deepwith
Norwich Union Rescue - all the bells and whistles - usually an RAC man when called, £50 ish
Cheapest Breakdown Cover wanted - Pica
I use AutoAid too
Cheapest Breakdown Cover wanted - bell boy
Cheapest Breakdown Cover wanted????????
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
£2.99 netto towing rope
Cheapest Breakdown Cover wanted - Stuartli
Quite often the cheapest way is to get it through your insurance company when renewing/changing your car insurance.

Zurich, for instance, supplies home and up to a quarter-of-a-mile from your home cover free of charge with many of its car insurance quotes, with a premium for nationwide cover.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by
Cheapest Breakdown Cover wanted - nick
Another vote for autoaid. A good service.