Daewoo Matiz, EGR valve fault - bainesy1969
Hi - I hope someone can help.

My 2001 Matiz 800 started displaying a engine management system fault light recently. After struggling to find anywhere in the immediate vicinity that could run a diagnostic test, I ended up at a nice Chevrolet dealership who did a complimentary diagnostic, and came up with a faulty Exhaust Gas Recirculator valve. They have now contacted me with a parts and labour quote of £239!

A previous thread here (it was at www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?v=i&...9 but seems to have disappeared since yesterday) suggested the EGR valve is a) not particularly expensive and b) quite quick to fit. Disregarding for the moment, if that is the case, why I'm being quoted the earth to fix this fault, I was wondering how do-able it would be to source the part and fit it myself (or get my friendly local mechanic to do so?).

Alternatively (and bearing in mind that the car appears to be running fine at the moment with the fault), is it an option just blithely to ignore the fault, and keep running the car?

Thanks in advance for any advice given.

{Try this one. - PU}

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=39039&...f