Wet-vac or inexpensive valet machine - Surrey_Scientist
Can anyone recommend a wet-vac that has some mind of hand-held attachment that pumps detergent/cleaning fluid and sucks it back off so it could be used for car upholstery...... all the wetvac cleaners I have seen so far only seem to be suitable for house carpets - they rely on gravity and don't have a hand-held atachment, you just push them across hte carpets.

failing this some kind of inexpensive valetting machinery. We have several cars and also several nephews who regularly get the cars filthy :-)
Wet-vac or inexpensive valet machine - bell boy
i used a machine like this for 7 years professionaly for cars until i lent it out to a friend and he tried valeting a house out with it and burnt the motor out.
its a different make but similar and mine cost at least £200,machine mart do a similar one,i have nothing to do with the seller
tinyurl.com/233c2k
Wet-vac or inexpensive valet machine - BazzaBear {P}
Vax do versions with a hose attachment. I think the ones with that accessory start at about £150. Can be bought in Argos.
Wet-vac or inexpensive valet machine - Happy Blue!
You can hire a carpet cleaner from HSS or similar place. Worthwhile to get a professional machine.
Wet-vac or inexpensive valet machine - Red Baron
You don't really need a cleaner with a dispensing pump. In the past we have had our sofas cleaned and all the guy used was a hand-held spray and, of course, a suitable vacuum cleaner to take up the wet filth afterwards. In my opinion, it works better as you can leave the cleaning solution to work for longer in the dirtier areas. This is not always the case in a dispense and suck system.
Wet-vac or inexpensive valet machine - moonshine

Spot on - just spray, soak and hoover up with a wet and dry vac.

My top tip is to get some biological 'hand wash' liquid - put a strong solution into a spray bottle, or you can dissolve the tablets. Works well for me on both carpets and car seats. I also spray on plain water afterwards and then hoover again to rinse out any remaining dirt or detergent - otherwise it seems to attract the dirt again.

I've got an old Vax that I bought second hand for £20 about 15 years ago, sits in the loft until I need to use it (once or twice a year)

Don't forget to do a test area first - just in case....