07 - Citroen VTX Electrical problems. - Marcus-Brutus
Can anyone please help me with a very annoying problem?
My 2007 Citroen C5 VTX has been back to the local Citroen dealer 5 times now with the same problem and it is as follows.
Without any warning the sat nav/operations screen that is built in will all of a sudden turn off, and everything goes black. If I then push the on/off button for the radio it all comes back on.
This used to happen when ever I went over a bump, but last week it did it when I was stationary, also this particular time all of the suspension dropped and the warning sign came on telling me that the car had gone into lower positioning, and the sat nav screen then came back on.
Citroen technical have said they have never heard of this happening before, my local dealer have 5 times thought they had found the cure (most of them being loose wires or loose fibre optics and once they said the software had not been loaded correctly) but still I have the same problem, and now my auto windscreen wipers are playing up, not working correctly when its raining hard, they usually go onto slow intermittent.
This is a brilliant car, fast, economical, comfortable and looks good! but these problems are doing my head in, has anyone got any SENSIBLE ideas as to what might be wrong??????????

Slight header change to try and attract more responses. - PU
Citroen C5 problem - Aprilia
These are extremely complex cars (35+ control modules of various different types, I believe). I would think the best chance you have is that the dealer connects a data-logger to various critical supply and data lines which run to the sat-nav unit and then drives the car around for a bit until the fault occurs and then look for clues in the logged data.
The other option is that they contact Citroen HQ to see if there is another dealer who's had this problem and has a solution.
Citroen C5 problem - madf
I would park it on their forecourt and ask for my money back. NOW.

Obviously they are not trying... it's YOUR problem.

It's not: it's THEIRS.

Make it THEIRS.
madf
Citroen C5 problem - adverse camber
When did you first have problems ?

Five fix attempts failed = reject car imo
Citroen C5 problem - Marcus-Brutus
I have had the problems since it was 2 weeks old.
The problem here is that the car is lease hire, and it was supplied by some company in Birmingham.
I am getting the car fixed/repaired by a garage down here in Dorset. Not fair to park it on their forecourt, and I need it for work every day!
Citroen C5 problem - rtj70
Surely can be still be rejected if on a lease?
Thanks for the ideas. Citroen have already contacted UK HQ, but they have no ideas and have not heard of the problem before.