Cars of the Stars Cumbria - BobbyG
On way down south, I am thinking of calling in to the Cars of The Stars Museum in Cumbria.
Has anyone been - is it any good, how long should I plan to visit?
Cars of the Stars Cumbria - bell boy
check its open as last time i went it was shutta
Cars of the Stars Cumbria - Pugugly {P}
Well worth a visit, won't take long but Keswick is a beautiful place to contemplate one's navel whilst the other 'alf goes t'shops. Lovely Organic cafe not far from the Museum, they will do a big breakfast......and the coffee far superior to any of the franchised brands.

for more info :-

www.visitcumbria.com/kes/kesmot.htm

Cars of the Stars Cumbria - spikeyhead {p}
I last wandered round here about ten years ago. Can't remember how long I spent there but about an hour or two rings a bell. I don't htink I'd go out of my way to visit the place, but it was a better option than walking in weather that was very very inclement.

I found the pencil factory more interesting.
--
I read often, only post occasionally
Cars of the Stars Cumbria - bell boy
i think i went to the pencil factory or was it a shop? because the stars museum was shut, anyway i was fascinated for years how they stuck the lead up the wood so it cleared a mystery for me.;-)
motoring link?
petrol is better with lead in?
Cars of the Stars Cumbria - MB3
petrol is better with lead in?

pencils are better with lead in.

(OK, OK, I know.... it's graphite......)
Cars of the Stars Cumbria - Citroënian {P}
Think the cafe is The Lakeland Pedlar? Just on the big car park down from the museum. Very nice soups, ideal for the type of wet cold day we're having at the moment!!

I've never been to the museum despite spending a _lot_ of time in Keswick - it's a great place and a good base for the Northern Lakes. They're moving the pencil factory out of town, not sure if they're keeping the museum there though.

Be sure to have a pint of Snecklifter somewhere if you're up there, good Cumberland ale!

-- Biggedy biggedy bong
That's the on Citroenian..... Mmmm Beer.
Cars of the Stars Cumbria - stjarna
If you're passing through anyway, well worth a look. I've been about three times now - Keswick is always a good option for a rainy day when on holiday in the Lakes.

If you've got more time to kill in Keswick, try the Puzzling Place - a museum of optical illusions.
Cars of the Stars Cumbria - lakelad
Don't miss seeing the lake (Derwentwater). It is a short level walk to Friar's Crag. Wonderful views over the lake to Borrowdale and the surrounding fells.
Cars of the Stars Cumbria - perleman
I'd check out the New Balance factory outlet shop if you like cool trainers at reduced prices. It's in Keswick, not Kendal but they do at least both start with a 'K'
Nice store very very narrow parking bays, the Beemer had to breathe in and I stayed in it whilst Mrs P shopped.....very narrow nasty car park. Park elsewhere and walk there ! Krunch also starts with a"K"
Cars of the Stars Cumbria - Garethj
I went there last year, well worth a visit even though the display info isn't the greatest - in fact it's completely missing for some vehicles!

Still the only place you can see a display like that unless you go to the US, so well worth an hour's visit.

Gareth
www.lakelandmotormuseum.co.uk/

There's always that one as well.
Cars of the Stars Cumbria - Armitage Shanks {p}
Lingholm Gardens, on the west bank of the lake are well worth a visit. At the right time of year (now?) there are sensational displays of rhodedendrons and azaleas - great for gardening types and a good walk thru a large wooded area full of these shrubs and bushes.