Toyota "With you every step of the way" - Woolert
Not in my experience! I bought a 2 yr old RAV4 from a Toyota Main dealer in the Midlands. Four problems were encountered within 2 weeks which were resolved by my local dealer in Manchester. The rear seat tumble mechanisms did not work (replaced FOC); interference on the radio (fixed FOC); various electrical problems found to be caused by 3 faulty fuses (replaced at my cost £49); and the climate control needs repressurising (will cost me £69). My letter of complaint to the MD of the Midlands firm received no reply, follow-up email also no reply. Toyota Head office customer relations promised a response within 3 (then) 14 days but after 7 weeks they have confirmed that they cannot force the dealer to reply as they are not owned by Toyota. Fortunately I am enjoying driving the car.
Toyota "With you every step of the way" - Kuang
they cannot force the dealer to reply as they are not owned by Toyota

I would have hoped that the presence of their name above a franchise door would be all the encouragement they need to get their finger out and start cracking heads - Joe Bloggs doesn't care about the relationship of the parent company and the dealer, but simply sees the name and expects service. I'm continually surprised by the way franchises seem to be able to get away with treating their customers poorly.
Toyota "With you every step of the way" - nortones2
I found Toyota customer services helpful when we had an issue (repeated labyrinth oil-seal replacement on both Yaris driveshafts, without dealer enquiring as to cause), but I got their agreement to a way forward, copied to the dealer and confirmed to a name at Toyota, to stymie dealer "misunderstanding". Satisfactory outcome - but we had to manage the process. Suggest speak again to Toyota (presumably you want the root cause of fuses failure investigated and also cost refunded) with details, and ask for resolution - confirm to both in writing, and await scrabbling by dealer to comply:)
Toyota "With you every step of the way" - Galad
My better half is close to buying a new Yaris (petrol) but I'm concerned that there have been a number of postings on HJ which suggest that Toyota's once unassailable reputation for reliability may be beginning to slip. According to the sales rep in the main dealer 'some' of the Yaris is made in France and I know that Toyota collaborates with Peugeot/Citroen on the Aygo variants. Generally, I don't trust French cars for build and components quality and I would like to think that Toyota isn't compromising its legendary high standards for the sake of looking 'more European'.
Toyota "With you every step of the way" - Bill Payer
I think the OP is over-reacting.

It's a 2 year old car with a few minor problems, now resolved. It doesn't warrant a letter to Toyota UK.

As a general principle, I've always though it's a bad idea to buy a used car from a distant dealer.
Toyota "With you every step of the way" - Stuartli
It would appear that the original dealer was not given an opportunity to rectify the problems under the warranty.

It's not the dealer's fault that you travelled some distance to buy the vehicle.

It could be worth checking the warranty to see if work can/could be undertaken by other dealerships if necessary.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by
Toyota "With you every step of the way" - storme
Sorry for not agreeing with the original poster..

but u cant expect a dealer to guarentee the fuses.. and you cant really expect them to top up the air-con---unless it is in a stated service.

maybe they could have been more sympathetic and they most certainly should have replied to your emails.
Toyota "With you every step of the way" - nortones2
Re 3 fuses going: I think I've only ever had one go, in all the years driving. 3 fuses going indicates something odd - component calling for more power than it should? Or corrosion in the fusebox etc. Why?
Toyota "With you every step of the way" - Altea Ego
The original poster is making mountains out of molehills.

Those items that should be fixed using warranty have been, with no quibble, and aircon top up, and fuses are covered by no car makers warranty.

Stop moaning about nothing.
------------------------------
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
Toyota "With you every step of the way" - boxsterboy
According to the sales rep in the
main dealer 'some' of the Yaris is made in France and I know that Toyota
collaborates with Peugeot/Citroen on the Aygo variants.

The whole Yaris is made in Valenciennes, north France. I'm not sure if this includes engines, but I believe so. There have been quality issues, mostly on component parts.
Toyota "With you every step of the way" - Tomo
My wife and I have had various Toyotas over the years, new and secondhand, with few troubles and very good service from dealers.

My worries now are that Toyota, like many others, produce cars in odd places outside Japan; and Toyota seems to have been beaten with a boring stick - no Celica, no MR2 but things like that awful Prius.
Toyota "With you every step of the way" - ForumNeedsModerating
>>Those items that should be fixed using warranty have been, with no quibble, and aircon top up, and fuses are covered by no car makers warranty.

Quite right. I believe in the organ-grinder-not-monkey approach when encountering an unreasonable customer service response, but in this case the local dealer seems to have been fair & reasonable - in fact, might I venture to suggest, you may have queered your patch slighlty should here be any discretionary or goodwill required in the future with the Manchester dealer.
Toyota "With you every step of the way" - Westpig
if i bought a 2yr old car from a franchised dealer, then found 3 fuses had blown and the air con needed topping up........I would not be expecting to pay for any of it

the car should have been to such a standard that this wasn't an issue........and if it did become one, then the selling garage should put it right

why else would you buy from a main dealer, they're more expensive.....you're supposed to get piece of mind.......aren't you?
Toyota "With you every step of the way" - Westpig
'peace of mind' even
Toyota "With you every step of the way" - storme
i think your almost right....westpig

did the fuses "go" after u bought the car..or were they blown before u bought the car???

see what im saying??

either way, u should still have had some sort of reply from your emails

i had the same with my local honda dealer..the service guy gave me his card..complete with email address...then just refused to use it for any queries/correspondence..

if they have the technology(email) and dont/wont use it...why have it? :)
--
sometimes a little bit too much opinion....but its only because i care !!!