Peugeot 306 door locks - Andrew
Can anyone give advice on the following. When using the electronic door locking system on the remote, sometimes the doors lock and automatically unlock. Repeating the process immediately doesn't help but waiting a couple of minutes usually rectifies the problem.

Is it something to do with the solenoids? Is it easy to repair? Any advice appreciated.
Re: Peugeot 306 door locks - Chris Wardle
I have had a similar problem on our 1995 306. It started to leave one sides indicators on after the flashing sequence when locking the doors with the IR remote key. Initially it could be reset by locking and unlocking a few times with the remote. Then one day it refused to go off at all. With the aid of a Haynes manual and a degree in electrical engineering I managed to work out where the problem probably was. THat was the central locking/alarm control module under the drivers seat ! Access to this, according to Haynes, requires disarming the Seat belt pre-tensioner removing the seat etc. And I could not be sure whether it would be fixable or not. In the end I removed all indicator bulbs on the effective side, except the dash board repeater, and retired for supper. At least I should be able to restart in the morning !

Anyway, after supper I returned to the car and thought, I'll just try the lock/unlock trick once more and see if it works. It did. That was the last time I ever used the remote locking. I assume the reduced current through the stuck pair of contacts in the unit allowed them to free up when energised again.

Ever since then I have used the good old fashioned mechanical key, ensured by removing the batterry from the key fobs, and lived with the fact that the alarm is not activated.

Don't know whether this will help with your prob, but would be interested if anyone else experienced similar probslems!
Re: Peugeot 306 door locks - Col M Bancroft ( retired )
Two Possibilties worth investigating my dear boy !

1. Striker plate ( where the door catch engages with the framwork of the vehicle ) these can work loose and prevent the door from closing properly.

2. Pin Switches which activate the alarm and courtesy lights. these can develop faults usually on the earth circuit.

Hope you get it sorted out, it is not wise to leave your vehicle without an alarm activated. especially if there are a lot of illegal asylum seekers lurking in the area. A neighbour had all the aluminium wheels stolen from his BMW last year - frightful business and he can't sleep properly now ( without the assistance of a drop of scotch he tells me )
Re: Peugeot 306 door locks - D J Woollard
Sometimes the door locks will cycle if one of the doors isn't properly closed, this effect can also be produced due to problems with the mechanical linkage on one or more solenoids. Perhaps just a little oil needed if you are lucky. Door panels will need to come off to investigate.
David
Re: Peugeot 306 door locks - David Lacey
We had EXACTLY the same problem with a car passing through our workshops. The CDL would work when it wanted to and only the n/s indicators would flash when arming the system. It turned out, after much testing, that the CDL ECU under the driver's seat was damp and causing all sorts of electrical gremlins. CDL/Alarm ECU replacement was the only cure and all was well. Also, a partailly closed panel (doors,boot & bonnet) could cause the motors to cycle as previously stated. Good luck!!
Re: Peugeot 306 door locks - Andrew
Can you tell me how much a new unit would be> Is it a job for an amateur?!