Retro Fit 6th Seat ? - Woody37
We have a four year old Honda CRV which has been a great car and would be for another six years I guess.

The problem is we need a 6th seat for occassional accomodation of a young child.

The boot area is plenty big enough, in fact bigger than most 7-seaters we have looked at, so the question is:

Do you know of any firms that will fit a legal fold-up seat or seats in the luggage area?
Retro Fit 6th Seat ? - rtj70
Having been in a rear-end collision type accident with an HGV I am not sure this is a good idea even if possible. In my accident rear passengers in real seats would have received severe head trauma and me as driver had my head torn open and needed a CT Scan.

I am not even 100% sure how safe I'd feel in the back of a proper 6/7 seater. Had thought my next car might have been the S-Max but after last August's collision not so sure.

Sure someone can advise on technicalities but do not think it is a good idea. Luggage compartment probably part of the crash structure.
Retro Fit 6th Seat ? - normd2
www.littlepassengerseats.com/honda_crv.htm

ps I'm not blond and it's not an advert.
Retro Fit 6th Seat ? - Ruperts Trooper
I too have seen 3-row MPV/SUVs with the rear passengers head restraints against the almost vertical tailgate - they wouldn't stand a cat in h**ls chance in anything more than a parking nudge.