Astra 1.7dt do I need a pollen filter? - bumbler
My 2002 Astra 1.7dti gets stuffy and a bit smelly. In the past I've cured this on a much older Astra by simply removing the pollen filter, which was very easy. The newer models give more of a problem but I've read the threads and downloaded Puravents instructions.

Before I start, are there any sensors, etc, connected with the installation of this pollen filter? We don't have any allergies so we could happily live without it if it isn't necessary for us.

Thanks in advance.

Slight header alteration - PU
do I need a pollen filter? - rtj70
It will probably cost little to put a new filter in if you're removing the old one. At least it's not a VW that is apparently difficult to replace the pollen filter on.
do I need a pollen filter? - bell boy
a local factor sold me a filter for a ford last week for £6.16 all in so before you post off for the superior one or leave it out completely i would call into your local factors
i would certainly replace rather than leave out
do I need a pollen filter? - Chris M
When you see how dirty these filters get after a year, would you want to be breathing that muck in.
do I need a pollen filter? - Ruperts Trooper
On Astra-G/H the pollen filter should be changed at 20,000 miles or 2 years under normal driving, more frequently in "severe conditions".
do I need a pollen filter? - bumbler
Hello All,

Well I'm glad I posted in. I'll nip down to a motor factor and cost out a new filter. If it is only a few quid I'll splash out!

Thanks for your advice.

Bumbler
do I need a pollen filter? - Dynamic Dave
Even if you purchase one from Vauxhall, it *should* only cost you approx £10.

Part No.13175553 - (on the invoice when I bought one for my Dad's Astra last year)

do I need a pollen filter? - topbloke
it may not be the pollen filter causing the problem it may be the air con system that has mildew type bugs in it, there are various cleaners that are put in the system that kill all the nasties that are in the system, by all means change the pollen filter and see if it cures your problem
do I need a pollen filter? - fossyant
Change the filter and also buy a can of anti bacterial air freshener (trying not to name names) - put the a/c on recirculate and spray the can into your passenger footwell area - the spray will get circulated into the system. I've also sprayed into the intake vents near the bonnet as well (when on fresh air).

Many people do that on here... I last did mine months ago, and not a hint of 'mustyness' since, although I do tend to have the a/c on most of the time, especially in wet weather !