new Hyundai? - Brian Trent
Well I've had a shot in the new Hyundai Coupe which I think looks great and I'm sorely tempted to buy one but I don't have any experience of Hyundai - what are they like in terms of reliability/depreciation/etc.?

The magazines seem to suggest a Celica is a better long term bet but I quite like the idea of the Hyundai V6 model - although fuel bills would probably scare me into the 2 litre version.

(btw - it's a shame they don't offer the same warranties that they do in the US - a 5 yr manufacturer warranty would surely help sales here!)
Re: new Hyundai? - Honest John
The Hyundai Coupe just came out 19th from top in the Auto Express reliability survay. That's pretty damn good.

HJ
Re: new Hyundai? - Brian Trent
Thanks John - have you driven the new model yet? If so, what do you think?
Re: new Hyundai? - Joio Mas Draw
Looks a nice motor to me.

Shame Im a bit of a badge snob.

Shouldnt be, I know, but I am.
Oops - hit 'Post' too soon! I meant to ask - doe the V6 coupe use the same engine as the Kia Magentis that HJ reckoned was a real bargain?
Re: new Hyundai? - vansboy
What sort of deal/discount are you being offered-bet they can get that £18k price ticket MUCH lower.
Probably going to be a good seller in used market, saw a 97R 54k 2.0 SE make £5800 at auction this week.Scruffy car too!
Mark
Waiting to see what price I can get from car brokers - if I get a good price on the V6 I might just go for it!
Re: new Hyundai? - Honest John
Nope, haven't driven the new one. Have driven the warty bonnet 2.0 litre and it was okay. Don't buy one if you are worried about the sort of image you might project. Go for a Celica instead.

HJ