Ford fiesta 1.4 Ghia 96- engine required - imran
Hi all!

I recently bought a 1996 fiesta, a nice little car. Unfortunately for me, its engine packed in the very next day (Seriously!). Now the guy in my local garage says that i have to put an engine from a car which is exactly the same as my one.

Is there anyone out there who can help me find an engine?
Ford fiesta 1.4 Ghia 1996 - yorkiebar
I can lift the bonnets in the scrapyard for you if it helps ?

No offence meant, just a good place to start?
Ford fiesta 1.4 Ghia 1996 - DP
I assume this is the Zetec engine rather than the CVH. If so:

tinyurl.com/2tkz67

or try

www.247spares.co.uk/ford

Cheers
DP

URL shrunk as if by magic thus returning the width of the page to a viewable normal ! - PU
Ford fiesta 1.4 Ghia 1996 - imran
thanks for the suggestions but i still cant find any which are in my price range.
Ford fiesta 1.4 Ghia 1996 - mss1tw
my price range.

Gis a clue. :-P
Ford fiesta 1.4 Ghia 1996 - jc2
What's the problem with the engine in it?
Ford fiesta 1.4 Ghia 1996 - bell boy
if you are offered a cheap engine consider its no darn good
you can still get at least £250 for one of these lumps and ideally £400
your car is scrap if engine u/s weigh the pros and cons up carefully before shelling out wonga
Ford fiesta 1.4 Ghia 1996 - mss1tw
What's the problem with the engine in it?

Probably the rings gone...or is it the bottom end...one of those two, always gets 'em in the end.
thanks for all the replies.

Now, first of all my price range is about £500 for engine and labour.

Whats wrong with the engine? well basically it didn't have any engine oil in it and i drove it. Someone told me it was the camshaft and someone else said that it was the crankshaft, i dont know what any of these things mean but they both come to the same conclusion, i have to get a new engine.

i cant seem to find any ford scrapyards in my area (east london). If anyone knows any local scrapyards, please tell me.
Ford fiesta 1.4 Ghia 1996 - movilogo
Although fitting a used engine is possible but it is not advisable...

BTW, how old the car is?

If its a newish car, another engine might interfere with ECU. You'll have lots of troubles after the engine is fitted. When the engine warning light will come up, the garage (who fits used engine) will tell you this is caused by water pump, catalytic converter etc. and not by the engine.

Just scrap the car. Simplest solution.

If you still insist on fitting an engine, contact insurance car breakers/local scrapyards etc. Ford engines are pretty easy to find and most give 1-3 months warranty on used engines.
Ford fiesta 1.4 Ghia 1996 - movilogo
Sorry, missed that it's 1996 model.

Definitely not worth spending money on it.
Ford fiesta 1.4 Ghia 1996 - normd2
there's a 1996 fiesta 1.4 engine from a ghia here for less than £500:

tinyurl.com/35b6cd

in fact it's still attached to the car with a year's MOT.... :)
Ford fiesta 1.4 Ghia 1996 - piston power
This is not worth spending the money £500.00 best spent on another car, when stripped down you maybe ready for a new clutch and other parts the garage finds & next time check the oil & water etc,
i've become very attached to it as it is my first car, even though ive only done about 500 miles in it in the 7 months that i have had the car (coz its been sitting in the garage most of the time). I am quite adamant on fixing it otherwise i will be forced to buy a nissan micra (horror!). It has to have a zetec s engine.