M6 Toll - efad
Help please I have to go donm the M6 on friday jct 16 to M1 Is it worth using the toll road or not Also do you just pay at a booth or what and how mutch is it Not been this way for a long time and afuneral has come along BTW Ishall be travelling 0830 to1030 Thanks
M6 Toll - Carse
Don't know if it is worth while (depends on time of day and traffic at that point) but you pay at the booth with either Cash, credit card, bank card. You can pay with an M6 toll card but I assume you do not have one of these.

Guide
(06:00 - 23:00) Day
(23:00 - 06:00) Night

Day Night
Class 1 (e.g. motorbike) £2.50 £1.50
Class 2 (e.g. car) £4 £3
Class 3 (e.g. car & trailer) £7 £6
Class 4 (e.g. van/coach) £8 £7
Class 5 (e.g. HGV) £8 £7

Thier web page = www.M6toll.co.uk

Carse
M6 Toll - LHM
With the prospect of attending a funeral, I'd say the last thing you need is the potential stress of negotiating the section of the M6 bypassed by the toll road.

I'd say go for it...
M6 Toll - stevied
An unequivocal yes you should take the toll road, especially at that time. The M6 through B'ham is a nightmare most of the time, and there are roadworks as well at the moment. Dial in the fact that you're travelling close to rush hour and trust me, it'll be the best few quid you've spent in a while!

M6 Toll - Bromptonaut
Well worth the toll at tha time of day you mention. Toll bar accross the motorway just like Dartford tunnel etc, stop, pay cash or swipe credit card and away again. The section by passed is subject to never ending repairs and regulalry stops up for sheer volume of traffic; the toll road flows at a steady 70+ unless there's a major accident.

Other option from Stoke is to take the A50 eastwards to join the M1 at J24/23A.
M6 Toll - Murphy The Cat
Toll bar accross the
motorway just like Dartford tunnel etc stop pay cash or swipe credit card and away
again.

You missed the best bit -- Tollbar comes up and your now on the starting grid of the Wacky Races / M6 Toll road Grand Prix :)

MTC
M6 Toll - peterb
Unless you're broke the toal road's a must!
M6 Toll - efad
Thanks for all the info Im convinced especially as I have elderly mother as passenger Anything to make the day easier for once money just does not come into the equasionso Ill take the toll
M6 Toll - simonc1978
Has there ever been an accident on M6 Toll?

Average speed of cars on the toll seems to be about 85mph - it's a lovely bit of road!
M6 Toll - Bill Payer
Average speed of cars on the toll seems to be about 85mph - it's a
lovely bit of road!

I use it perhaps once every couple of months. I honestly don't think there has been a single occasion when I haven't seen someone stopped by an unmarked Police car.

It would be hard luck to be stopped at an indicated 85 (chances are your real speed is not much more than 80) but I avoid going faster than the bulk of the traffic.
M6 Toll - Aprilia
I have seen both the aftermath of a nasty accident AND cars stopped by police on the M6 toll. Not really any different to any other stretch of Mway - albeit quieter.
M6 Toll - Altea Ego
When it first opened it was a dream, the average speed must have been 100mph. The goona was ad ream at an indicated 120.

Now its Police pay day. There is always someone waiting to pounce on you, and being more lightly used your chaces of getting knicked are high.
------------------------------
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
M6 Toll - wayne1980
toll road wacky races is a must, just watch for the 'good guys' siiting on the flyover for the services. brilliant bit of motorway though. bring on more toll roads. as long as they lower car tax obviously!
M6 Toll - Armitage Shanks {p}
I used it going to N Wales last Thursday - brilliant! I wanted to use it coming back on Monday, missed the exit from the M 54 and suddently saw a "Motorways Merge" sign and found myself in a the ?? mile gridlock which is the norm on the M6 from M54 to M5. Worth £4 of one's money ay time!
M6 Toll - simonc1978
Have you noticed the sign on the M54 telling you to use J2 for the M6 Toll?

Ignore it! Use J1 and go through Shareshill and Featherstone instead, it's much much quicker... just watch out for the 40mph cameras!
M6 Toll - Armitage Shanks {p}
Hi Simonc - Yes got onto M54 from M6 toll OK when Northbound. On the way home saw the sign saying use junction 2, ignored it and dozed off (passenger!) and found ourselves in the immobile traffic on the M6 GRRRR! Those speed cameras are odd too - one of them is 100 yards beyond a set of traffic lights!
M6 Toll - Mad Maxy
being more lightly used your chaces of getting knicked are high.
------------------------------
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >

What, by knickers? :-)
M6 Toll - slowdown avenue
treat yourself
M6 Toll - IanJohnson
Anytime before 10:00 at the A5 it is essential.

£4 for a car now.
M6 Toll - cottontop
Its worth using the toll road if only for the sight of 8-10 vehicles leaving their toll booth at the same time jockeying for the 3 lanes....even the wofe calls it the "Wacky races"...

Rich
M6 Toll - Nsar
The wofe? Bet you don't call her that to her face.

Never seen a car pulled over by Plod on it, but I imagine it is a rich hunting ground for them so eyes peeled.