'03 Nissan Almera door mirror glass - bathtub tom
I clipped mirrors, and smashed the glass. The replacement glass had a heating element (the original hadn't), but while I was paying for it the enthusiastic staff fitted it before I had a chance to see how it was done. Full marks to Brookside garage, Cemaes bay, Anglesey.
Now I'm thinking I could probably pick up the wiring for the mirror heater in the loom (It comes on with the heated rear window), but how do I remove the glass without breaking it. Has anyone done this please?
'03 Nissan Almera door mirror glass - GregSwain
My Haynes manual for the previous model Almera reinforces what I initially thought - place a tool between the glass and the mirror body and gently lever it so the clips disengage and the glass comes off. The book specifies using something plastic or wooden, but I don't see why a metal object wouldn't be acceptable if used sufficiently gently.
'03 Nissan Almera door mirror glass - bathtub tom
Thanks for that. I've tried, but chicken out after applying what I consider to be sufficient force (I don't want to fork out for another glass).
I haven't got a Haynes, I live in hope of them producing one for my model, they did in the end for the Focus, but never did for the Kia Pride (I've had an Aussie one on order for months).