Sound system "terms" - Carl2
If I wanted to purchase a new "stereo" for the car. would there be a technical term to describe a system that can be controled by the steering wheel controls. Almost all the specs that I have looked at just seem to list a vast array letters that mean nothing to me. Almost forgot I would also like to keep the dash display (02 Astra). Thanks
Sound system "terms" - Armitage Shanks {p}
Does your 02 Astra have a steering wheel with controls already fitted but not wired up?
The controls are fitted and operate a standard radio casette supplied from new with the car. Its just that every time I walk into Halfords or Argos they seem to have cd/radios on offer in the£70-£100 price range. Main dealer quoted me just under £200 for the same basic system.
Sound system "terms" - Armitage Shanks {p}
Well on the basis that Halfords do a fitting service, not free but not expensive either, ask them what they can sell you and fit in such a way that it will work. Argos have good prices but they don't fit things and personally I am no electrician! Good luck - let us know how you get on!
Sound system "terms" - BobbyG
www.autoleads.co.uk/audio_control.html

Carl, don't know if this is of any help?
Sound system "terms" - Dynamic Dave
Depending on the stereo, you can also get various adapters that will use the existing remote stereo display in the dash as well.
Sound system "terms" - Hamsafar
VDO and some Philips radios will utilise the display and controls (plug & play).
www.pixmania.co.uk/uk/uk/xx/658/xx/21/4/criteresn....l
Autoleads site is exactly what I was looking for . All the info I could want. The other site also looks like my kind of place to use in the future. Two more sites for my collection. Many thanks.