New Galaxy - Rear quarter vents ??? - Jack Regan
Hi
Took delivery of a New Ford Galaxy today. Ford informed me that they had to order an Owners Manual as mine was mislaid !

The rear quarter windows have no handles so I assume they are electric, but I can't find out where the switch is or how to open the darn things. That's where the manual would have come in handy ! ....

Any ideas

Cheers
New Galaxy - Rear quarter vents ??? - jc2
Ford didn't mislay your manual;your dealer did!!
New Galaxy - Rear quarter vents ??? - Boggy
There are 2 buttons (one for each side) on the centre console - where the kids can't reach 'em!
Hi Boggy,

Just can't seem to find the switches on the center console.
They must be electric as there are no handles on them at all. There is the small cowling covering the plug for the heated glass element, and a larger moulded cowling across the top which I assume is covering the opening mechanism.

Ayn other ideas ?
Cheers
Just spent another hour searching for a switch that will open these rear quarter windows.
NO LUCK !
As I mentioned earlier, They must be electric as there are no handles on them at all. There is the small cowling covering the plug for the heated glass element, and a larger moulded cowling across the top which I assume is covering the opening mechanism.

Any clues ?
New Galaxy - Rear quarter vents ??? - a900ss
The rear quarter windows are fixed (non-opening) unless you paid extra for the option that allows them to be electically opened. The fact you don't have switches on your centre console suggests to me that you haven't got this option.
If that's the case, then the design is quite flimsy. I can litteraly push the window open from inside.
The Sales brochure I have clearly states the opening rear quarter vents are standard on the ghia, but to have electric operation is an optional extra...

In conclusion....

After visiting the dealer, I was told that the information in the Brochure was now false.
The idea was for them to open originally, but in order for the car to keep it's Thatcham Category 1 status for security, Ford had to do away with the possibility of opening rear quarter vents.

Shame that....