Hangar Lane traffic nightmare! - stevied
Any BRers unlucky enough to have been on the A40/Gypsy Corner/Hangar Lane area on Saturday morning? I thought I was in downtown Naples. What with the football, Bank Holiday traffic and general bad-mannered impatient Londonness it was an absolute nightmare, particularly for bumpkins like us only allowed into London for a wedding.....

It took us an hour and three-quarters to get from just outside (south) Slough to Northfields Catholic church. Thank heavens the priest was late too.

Why, I have to ask, if someone is trying to pull across three lanes of traffic because they got in the wrong lane, and you CANNOT move forwards or backwards due to not having VTOL, does that make you deserving of the charming cheek and hand "relief" gesture? I am sorry I cannot miraculously shorten my vehicle, Mr Silver Nissan Sunny and your charming cargo of weasel-faced teenage scum... sincere apologies for that one.
Hangar Lane traffic nightmare! - Altea Ego
What were you doing in the wrong lane in the first place? cant you bumpkins read maps or wot? If you cant drive, leave the roads for those of us who can.

Jeez the carp us londoners have to put up with.

(all said TIC of course!)
------------------------------
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
Ha!! : )

No, even as a bumpkin (albeit a bumpkin that used to live in London!) I was in the right lane. It was Mr Weaseltaxi who realised he wanted the A40 not the A406....... and apparently that was my fault.

Hangar Lane traffic nightmare! - Westpig
driving in London is like that nowadays, wherever you go....it's seemingly common practice now to drive down an offside lane to traffic lights, then when you get to the junction, indicate left and TURN LEFT... and those already there, even if they want to go straight on, have to give way to you? Unbelievable, but quite regular.... because there's no one to stop them doing it.... can't imagine any one of them is insured either.
Hangar Lane traffic nightmare! - Pugugly {P}
your charming cargo of weasel-faced teenage,

:-Q
Hangar Lane traffic nightmare! - Lud
Bit of a hangover then stevied?

It's a good principle these days to use the M25. For example, to go on a normal weekday afternoon from North Kensington to Croydon, which used to be a 50 minute straight 12 mile drive through bits of London too boring to list, I now find it quicker and more relaxing to head straight out for the M25 and go round it until Croydon and Purley appear on the left, 45 miles and only an hour and a half.

Traffic flow in London has been and is being deliberately sabotaged. And that Hanger Lane junction was never all that easy.

I'm sure a slick pilot like you would soon get used to the metropolitan dodgem m****** again with a bit of practice.
m******? What is this carp?
Hangar Lane traffic nightmare! - Dynamic Dave
Lud, the word marquee is in the swear filter to prevent people from misusing it in HTML language. Unfortunately the software isn't intelligent enough to know the difference between when the word is being used genuinely, and when it's being misused.

DD
Ah, thanks, something technical then... Must say I'm none the wiser but I believe you DD!
My hangover was yesterday, Lud.. I was fine on Saturday (Hanger Lane day!). Luckily getting out of Stoke Park was OK yesterday or I think I would have curled up into a ball and gone to sleep in a layby.... although the M40 was a bit ropey with the rain.

You are indeed right, I'd probably get back into the whole London driving thing sharpish... but when you have somebody following you who is a metropolitan driving virgin the tension is doubled!

I am going away now to google the link between m@rquee and HTML... baffled! : )
Hangar Lane traffic nightmare! - Bagpuss
I am going away now to google the link between m@rquee and HTML... baffled! :

I think it creates scrolling text.

I'll get my anorak on the way out (assuming I'm right).
Hangar Lane traffic nightmare! - Dynamic Dave
It's to stop people from doing

this

DD.

ps, obviously not me though ;o)
Hangar Lane traffic nightmare! - Westpig
that's quite mesmeric
OK, I am in a trance now!! I am at work and been looking for something to distract me... cheers DD!!
So that's how they do those text screen savers on our old IBM Thinkpads.

I can see that if everyone did it with all their messages we might start getting fits.
Hangar Lane traffic nightmare! - Phil I
This from right to left I assume is for the Chinese people here. Does it work from left to right I ask.
Even if it does what significance should I place on this.

Anxious: Phil I
Hangar Lane traffic nightmare! - Altea Ego
It's to stop people from doing

what

------------------------------
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
Hanger Lane traffic nightmare! - Avant
Changing lanes on the A40, that's what - and possibly ending up in a hangar (sic) st Northolt.