Rolls Royce Phantom Drophead Coupe - boxsterboy
What a gorgeous, gorgeous, GORGEOUS car.

Totally irrelevant to 99.99% (or more) of us reading this, but what a stunning machine. The lovely teak deck to the rear, just like a classic Riva speedboat, the unpainted metal bonnet. The mere fact that it exists should be celebrated.

I can just picture myself wafting down to the south of France in one before boarding my luxury yacht, vodka martini in hand (shaken not stired), leggy blonde in my arm .... WAKE UP!!

Yes I'm sure the ethics of it could be criticised, but this car is a pure work of art (headlights aside).

It's seeing cars like this that make me wish I was a car journalist - must almost make up for those early flights and late nights testing the latest far eastern white good.
Rolls Royce Phantom Drophead Coupe - Lud
Does represent a lot of accumulated labour boxsterboy, and the decking is not without charm, and I disagree with Andrew English and agree with you about the bare metal bonnet top (while reserving the right to change my mind), but seems to me a bit excessive and shaped like a brick as all contemporary Rollses are.

Worst of all, it's a BMW really.
Rolls Royce Phantom Drophead Coupe - flunky
What a gorgeous gorgeous GORGEOUS car.

the front of the car is hideous
Rolls Royce Phantom Drophead Coupe - Tomo
I agree with flunky, I'll have one like this, please (and a chauffeur to heave at the wheel, nowadays).
www.prewarcar.com/show_prewar_car.asp?car_id=33493
Rolls Royce Phantom Drophead Coupe - tyro
I'm not greatly taken with the front either, but who cares what I think? The world would be an odd place if we all had the same tastes.
Rolls Royce Phantom Drophead Coupe - daveyjp
You can't see the front when sat in it!
Rolls Royce Phantom Drophead Coupe - Brian Tryzers
No, but you can when it's parked outside your villa in the hills outside Nice. If I had (!) the Bentley Azure I posted about on Monday, I'd waste hours at an upstairs window just gazing at it - it just looks ineffably, timelessly right. The Phantom, to my eye, tries too hard to give a modern twist to the old RR styling features and ends up looking imposing rather than appealing.
My fear is that it will become sullied by the F word.

You know, F as in footballer. What a waste that would be
Rolls Royce Phantom Drophead Coupe - Brian Tryzers
Funny word, 'drophead'. I first came across it at the age of about ten, on a Matchbox model of a 1930s Lagonda. It took me a while to work out that a Drophead was not a roadgoing cousin to the Naiads and Dryads of Greek myth.
Rolls Royce Phantom Drophead Coupe - stunorthants26
Much as I like many of the details on the DHC, esp the wood, its just a little bit ' one more for Jay Leno to collect' for me. Its certainly not a pretty thing either although it has presence.

I too, would choose the Azure in preference, in BRG with black or dark green leather please :-)
oh and no chrome wheels lest I get mistaken for a footballer!
Mulliner Bentley Continental, tweaked engine, manual, everything rebuilt to as new standard including the drum brakes, a proper Rolls-Royce performance car unlikely to appeal to footballer types. Seems to me that's quite a good way of spending a small fortune on a very nice if somewhat noticeable car.

These BMW and VW jobs don't really do it for me. Rather have an M6 or a Phaeton.
These BMW and VW jobs don't really do it for me. Rather have an M6
or a Phaeton.

>>

Er, ... aren't they BMWs and VWs ??
Yes. Not claiming to be Rolls-Royces or Bentleys.