Disposing of a LHD car in the UK? - Nickdm
A friend of mine is relocating from France back to the UK. He'll be getting a nice shiny new LR Discovery as a company car back in England. Problem is: how does he get shot of his 3yr-old left-hand drive French-registered Vectra GSi?

It's worth more in France, but he hasn't got the time or patience or language-skills to try to sell it privately before he leaves France. Any suggestions on how to minimise the loss on the Vectra?

Thks,
Disposing of a LHD car in the UK? - Gromit {P}
Might be worth posting a classified here first? There's been more than one thread with Backroomers looking for LHD cars to use at holiday homes in France etc. over the past while.

However, your friend can't expect anything like the price he'd get by selling in France. Would he not pop an ad in the back window at least - 'A Vendre - Opel Vectra GSi 2.0 Essence/Gasoil delete as appropriate!) 30,000 km - ?15,000 - 04 234 445"?
Disposing of a LHD car in the UK? - Falkirk Bairn
Where does he live?

Lots of Brits re-locating / living in the South of France - and they would prefer probably to buy "in English" rather than "broken French" with the locals.
Disposing of a LHD car in the UK? - MGspannerman
MY sister and brother-in-law have a house in France and have been looking for ages to find a left hand drive to keep over there. Taking a car from the UK and reregistering and converting headlamps etc is relatively uneconomic whilst finding something over there is fraught with language and procedural difficulties. My suggestion would be to put it on eBay in the UK in english with the car in the UK for viewing purposes and see what sort of response you get. A sensible reserve would offer protection against downside risk of low/few bids. I know something like this would solve a problem for my sister and I imagine there must be many in similar circumstances. There are also expat websites that may be of use.

Good luck, MGs