Rover 414 rear seat belt prob - lady driver
Can anyone advise me, on my Rover 414 the seat part of the rear seat pulls forward on a strap to enable the backrest part of the seat to fold fully forwards - my problem is that last time I used this I managed to get the anchor part of one of the seatbelts caught under seat when putting it back to its normal position, the seat now refuses to pull forwards and seems to be jammed down. I have tried putting some WD40 in the area of the catch - but that doesn't help. Is this one for the garage or does anyone have any advice for me please? Thanks
Rover 414 rear seat belt prob - Civic8
Are the backrests firmly in the locked position,as thats the only lock the seat has,ie back part of the seat rests under backrests locking seat in position.
Front of seat is hinged
--
Steve
Rover 414 rear seat belt prob - lady driver
Thanks for your reply It is the front of the seat that has got stuck, I've tried moving it with backrests locked in position and with them not locked. You know where the fabric strap is to pull the front of seat forward? I can see some sort of metal mechanismwhich is clicking but the seat won't move - I feel as if the seat belt anchor strap may have got caught there or something? Any ideas?
Rover 414 rear seat belt prob - elekie&a/c doctor
Try unbolting the pivot hinges at the front of the seat cushion .This may give enough space to access the release strap.The bolts are Torx/star drive type.hth