Nissan Primera 2.2dCi cruise control - Dan How
My 97000 mile Nissan Primera 2.2dCi T-SPEC cruise control appears to be faulty. I bought it a few weeks ago, private deal, and wonder whether it might be my misunderstanding of how it works. I have not owned a car with cruise before, but I use a Peugeot 806 at work that has it.

I switch cruise on, the light illuminates, but often I cannot then set it. It sets eventually, but I might have travelled ten miles by the time it does. I had thought it was a faulty switch, but once it is running I can use the same button to slow the car down. That seems to work every single time, without fail.

It doesn't appear to have anything to do with speed or gear, I have tried it when in 4th, 5th and 6th at speeds varying from 30 to 70mph. I keep my feet completely off the pedals.

Apart from that the car seems to be in extremely good order.

Any ideas anyone?
It's an early 2004 P12 model
Nissan Primera 2.2dCi cruise control - a900ss
I know it sounds obvious but have you read the manual. I have heard that on some cars you need to switch the CC on BEFORE driving off for it to be operable.

Sorry I can't offer any more advice, I don;t own a Nisssan.

Good luck
Nissan Primera 2.2dCi cruise control - Carse
How long do you hold the set button? I have found in my Mondeo if I hold for any length of time it does not engage properly but if I press it momentarily it engages every time.

Worth a try

Carse
Nissan Primera 2.2dCi cruise control - fossyant
There is also a good chance its the radar cruise as well - if you have a sensor in the air scoop near the passenger side fog lamp.

You could be setting it wrong. My SVE doesn't have the cruise.
I got it once I heard from the previous owner. Just before I bought it the car went in for a clutch check. I figured it was the switch on the clutch pedal. It's working every time now.