Question for HJ about todays column - Flat in Fifth
HJ,

Is the answer on the Vectra DTi oil cunsumption yours or the sub editors?

Especially the bit about how to check the oil level? Seems at variance with what has been said before?

Just wondered, and if it is the sub editors is the DT going to get some grief. I hope so.

Yours truly,
A Desperado Esq.
Re: Question for HJ about todays column - Flat in Fifth
I am, of course, referring to the last sentence about the only way to check the level is with an engine that has been standing overnight????
Re: Question for HJ about todays column - Honest John
That's right. For the reason given. It's not general advice: merely advice for the GM 16v DI engine.

HJ
Re: Question for HJ about todays column - Flat in Fifth
Think we will have to agree to disagree about the advice to dip cold after standing overnight.

I find that method gives odd readings, and its better to dip, as GM says, with an engine at operating temperature after standing for about an hour.
FYI : HJ - Lee H
HJ,

For some reason, all the copies of the Telegraph I found in Halifax, West Yorkshire and Preston, Lancashire didn't have the set of subsections containing the Motoring and Travel. Luckily my brother in law brought a copy up from Cambridge so I didn't miss the GS estate.

I realise you're not the telegraph, just though you'd like to know.

Regards, Lee.
-------------------------------
The photo gallery is yours!
why not mail some images to share?
Re: FYI : HJ - El Dingo (Martin)
Our company is currently working on a machine to wrap all the newspaper sections into a single plastic bag (a bit like the Times Saturday magazines in most areas). Although these machines exist in the magazine market, they are too slow for the newspaper industry.

The problem is, particularly in supermarkets and petrol stations, that the staff don't put the various 'sections' of the 'paper together - some customers like to take a bit of this and a bit of that....

Martin.
Re: FYI : HJ - Brian
With the Saturday Telegraph I go for the main, travel, motoring and Money sections.
We have it delivered and although the main section is always there, often we get either no travel/money/motoring insert or we get two!
Re: FYI : HJ - El Dingo (Martin)
Brian,

Go and talk to your Newsagent....
They get paid (a paltry sum per copy) to put the 'paper together.

I hope that you refuse to pay for an incomplete 'paper.

Martin.