long brake pedal - 2002 honda civic - wayne1980
hi all,
a friend of mine has just had his car mot'd. the garage is quite good but he failed it for brakes and a wiper. no worries. so they gave the brakes a tidy then retested it. it has now passed the brake test and therefore the mot but they are saying the pedal is still quite long. the car in question is a 2002 honda civic 1.7 coupe. its the one with a big boot>
users.autoexposure.co.uk/externaldrilldown.cfm?Acc...e

has anyone had this problem on this car before as the garage reckon this is quite common for the model.
Long brake pedal - 2002 honda civic - Deskpilot
I raised the question of excessive brake travel on my 2005 Honda CRV, when, on collecting it on a hot day after annual servicing at my Honda dealership, the pedal sank right to the floor. Bang!!! Admittedly, as soon as I started the engine, the pedal distance returned to more or less normal.

However, I took it back the next day and they bled it for me but the travel was about the same. After a couple of days,though, I really didn't notice any difference from normal.

The moral of this story, however, is that the mechanic who looked at my brakes on day two, commented that their servicing department regularly received calls from independent garages carrying out MOT's asking if long brake travel was normal on Honda vehicles, regardless of the model!!!