Low car ramps - Chug, Rattle & Knock
I've just seen some low car ramps on Wikihow:

www.wikihow.com/Change-the-Oil-in-Your-Car

These must be ideal for jobs when you just need to get the car a few inches off the ground to do things like oil changes. Does anyone know where you can buy these ?

I personally don't enjoy driving up big steel ramps.
Low car ramps - flunky
what's wrong with a trolley jack and axle stands?
Low car ramps - martint123
I'd just get some 10"x2" timber, nail two pieces on top of each other and cut a slope at one end.
I use a single thickness so that I can get a jack under the front subframe as my car has little ground clearance.
Low car ramps - milkyjoe
jack and prop, jack and prop, how high do you wanna go...?
Low car ramps - glowplug
There was a review of ramps recently in either Practical Classics or Car Mechanics. There was a set that won the best buy that were height adjustable. The price was steep tho.

Steve.
---
For Sale - Xantia HDi Exclusive.
XM 2.1 VSX.
Low car ramps - glowplug
Here they are -

www.restorationramps.co.uk/phdi/p1.nsf/supppages/r...3
---
For Sale - Xantia HDi Exclusive.
XM 2.1 VSX.
Low car ramps - L'escargot
so that I can get a jack under the front
subframe

It's not generally recommended, but presumably you've found it's OK on your particular car.
--
L\'escargot.
Low car ramps - Hamsafar
I too would like some of those lightweight plastic ramps, they only seem available in USA, and I can't remember the name, but it was something silly like Mighty Ramps.
Low car ramps - bell boy
i dont like car ramps
you have to lay on your back
you cant work on the suspension etc
im sure ive recommended before a professional type trolley jack for £75 and a good pair of axle stands for £20 (not netto types )
sealey or machine mart type places are best for these things
Low car ramps - milkyjoe
wheres the best place to put axle stands under a fiesta, working on the front need to get sump off so i want them out of the way, i cant use ramps cause i need to remove the f/os wheel and splash guard to get to the timing chain cover and stuff? just a thought when we use metal jacks in the building trade we always put timber between two metal surfaces to avoid slipping ie holding up steels with acrows should that be practiced here?
Low car ramps - bell boy
where the chassis ends milkyjoe ,just before the subframe type pickups are bolted for the suspension
its double skinned here ,ive never seen one rusty and the axle stand will grip the chassis really well
as always when up on axle stands give the car a good knock before you get under to confirm it is indeed secure
Low car ramps - bell boy
where your feet are when you sit in the car i mean
milky
NOT under the headlights
Low car ramps - martint123
>> so that I can get a jack under the front
>> subframe
It's not generally recommended but presumably you've found it's OK on your particular car.
--
L\'escargot.

Yes, specifically mentioned as the jacking point, as is using the diff to lift the back end.

Low car ramps - David Horn
Each to their own - I won't work under axlestands without a solid piece of wood under the car as well as I don't trust them. I reckon a moderate shove would drop the car off - these little ramps look great.
Low car ramps - Steptoe
Levelling ramps as used by motorhomers might do the job. They will raise the vehicle by about 5", though made out of plastic, will hold up 3.5 tons of van.

Obviously they slope so you need the accompanying chocks to safely get under the vehicle.
----------------------------------------------

One mans junk is another mans treasure
Low car ramps - Chug, Rattle & Knock
These would do the job - motorhome / caravan levelling ramps (with built-in chocks) - as recommended by Steptoe.

Not really expensive either - just the job if you need a bit more clearance underneath.

www.milenco.com/levelling_ramp.html