diesel ecu re chip boxes - wayne1980
hi all, having a brain block with the wording of the thread. anyway i recieved a package in the post of a mate of mine. basically im using my c max as a recce/service vehicle for a rally team. they pay well! so ive upgraded the discs, pads, springs, dampers on order and ive just ordered some braided hoses from germany. im making some under floor guards too. anyway back to the package> in it was a black box which when plumbed into the fuelling/ecu harness apparently adds 20 bhp and around 50 nm of torque. anyone had any mod like this fitted to their diesel motors? how does it go?
diesel ecu re chip boxes - Aprilia
Well, it'll probably 'do what it says on the box'. A C-Max is a odd choice for this use though?
diesel ecu re chip boxes - Group B
Yes I have one on my car and my particular one works very well: www.tuningbox.com/index.php . Does this one you have have a brand name on it? There are many reputable manufacturers but also some cheap stuff on eBay which I personally would be less inclined to trust (not that I'm an expert on them).

Beware of excessive black smoke under hard acceleration due to overfuelling. Before I got mine I read somewhere that for track-day use someone was getting, in their words, "unacceptably high" exhaust gas temperatures due to this, but I only use mine on road and do not thrash it so I'm not concerned. The advice was to at least fit a K&N type replacement panel filter to improve breathing, and with one fitted I get very little smoke from mine.
That problem was on pre- common rail engines so I don't know if this is still an issue on more modern applications?

Not as good as a rolling road remap which is tailored to your individual cars engine rather than having a generic map, but if you got it for a reasonable price then its worth a go isnt it (if you're satisfied its a decent one)?
diesel ecu re chip boxes - Jonny
iv fitted a similar sounding device to a bmw diesel 3 series as far as im aware it just give a false/altered maf or map sensor reading telling the ecu that more air is going in than is so it fuels more giving a power increase. hope that helps a bit mate