Roadworks/A52/Near Nottingham - 007
Is there anyone out there who could give me an update on the current situation delayswise at the roadworks at Bardills Rose Gardens island on the A52, especially when approaching from the west?

I want to get to Beeston and am wondering whether there are diversions / where they will take me / and how much extra to allow for the journey (not in rush hour).

TIA
Roadworks/A52/Near Nottingham - milkyjoe
use a search engine and type in roadworks for your region
Roadworks/A52/Near Nottingham - BB
Where abouts are you coming from / going to?

The slip road onto the A52 (Nottingham bound) from the M1 is closed till August. Dont use the signposted diversion as it takes you 20 miles to Derby and back!!

If you let me know where you are coming from/to, I can tell you the best way.

Roadworks/A52/Near Nottingham - machika
You could come off the A52 at the same junction and go through Long Eaton, taking the Nottingham Road from Long Eaton.

From the A50, you would take the B6540, through Sawley, into Long Eaton. We live in S Derbyshire and that is the route I would take.
Roadworks/A52/Near Nottingham - top turkey
Hi 007.

I commute to Nottingham University (just outside Beeston) from Brummy land and the A52 is my route of choice. The diversion that is set up from J25 of the M1 sends you to Derby and back - I kid not! So, get off at junction 24 and go along the A452 through Clifton. That does get backed up in peak hours, so time your journey well.

Getting out of Nottingham along the A52 is fine, although the A52 is down to one lane by Bardills. It's not as bad as I first thought, although the concept of zip merging does appear to be an alien concept to most people who seek pleasure in keeping lane 2 drivers in the cones!

You could escape via the A452 but that gets really backed up of a night time.

Hope that helps. Feel free to ask any more questions if you want. I did try the route via Long Eaton, but that too, gets clogged up as it takes all of the traffic that would normally turn right at Bardills - which you can't do because of workmen drinking tea and scratching their pink fluffy dice!

Enjoy.

TT

--
Top Turkey - the fastest hands in Brum
Roadworks/A52/Near Nottingham - Robert J.
Sorry to be pedantic TT, but it is the 453 through clifton
Roadworks/A52/Near Nottingham - top turkey
Oops. You are quite right. Sorry if caused confusion!
--
Top Turkey - the fastest hands in Brum
Roadworks/A52/Near Nottingham - 007
Many thanks for those suggestions.

In the event, I approached along the A52 from Derby and was able to get through that island (albeit via a very narrow single lane) without delay. Currently, there is no turning right for Toton.