fuel filler cap mondeo not opening - steviegs
Hi,Fuel filler flap will not operate .I have read previous thread about lubricating the pulley from inside the boot; but it will still not function.How do I get the petrol cap open!
fuel filler cap mondeo not opening - elekie&a/c doctor
two people needed here.One to hold the release lever up and one to carefully ease the flap open.Once it is opened ,then lube the plastic pivot hinge and also the spring loaded release plunger.
fuel filler cap mondeo not opening - steviegs
Brilliant !,didnt need another body,just put something under flap to keep it open and did what you said,works a treat !Many thanks.Steven
fuel filler cap mondeo not opening - ajsdoc
Just to say if you get really stuck you can access the filler cap release cable from the boot (just remove the boot trim from that side) - had to do this myself.
fuel filler cap mondeo not opening - TurboD
What about estate owners?
can I prevent this happening?
fuel filler cap mondeo not opening - Waino
I had this embarassing problem a few years ago on my Mondy mk2 estate. You pull up at the pump and have to scramble about in the back, take of the cover, and yank on the cable before the petrol flap would open.

I had assumed that it would be due to a stretched cable, but Backroomers advised me to lubricate the cable (I think I used WD40). Lo and behold, it solved the problem. There must be a reference to the thread somewhere in the archives.