Keyless entry cars - charla
I have just purchased a Chevrolet kalos 1.2s 5 door nice car contrary to some reviews. Also first run around the Scottish countryside up hill and down dale produced 50mpg aprox However it doesn't have keyless entry on this model. I wonder what other manufacturers don't have it.
Keyless entry cars - midlifecrisis
The Hyundai Getz I've just bought needed the old fashioned 'key in lock' to work the central locking. It will be the wife's car and something that's left her feeling a tad disappointed.
Keyless entry cars - Stuartli
Only a comparatively small proportion of car models have the feature.

My mate used to have an S-Class with the feature and used to have fun telling people to jump in. They couldn't, of course, but were amazed when he walked up and immediately opened the door for them.....
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by
Keyless entry cars - midlifecrisis
I took the question to mean cars that you have to physically put the key in the lock rather than press a button on the keyfob.
yes I did.
Keyless entry cars - Wee Willie Winkie
My Peugeot 406 needs a key to get in, but that's only because the plipper appears to be k-nackered...!
Keyless entry cars - Stuartli
yes I did.>>

Keyless entry to me means the credit card sized electronic gizmo which you keep in a pocket even when in the car - without it you can't open a door or start the engine.

I gather you mean a remote control fob.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by
Keyless entry cars - Bagpuss
My wife's Ford Ka doesn't even have central locking!
Keyless entry cars - 659FBE
Mine has keyless entry as an option. It works a treat when I leave my Border Collie in it - the software is impeccable and extends to family members.

Usual dog/hot weather caveats apply.

What age are the vehicles?
Keyless entry cars - jase1
On my Primera the flaming alarm goes off if you attempt to open it physically with the key rather than the button. Stupid design.

Do VW sill make Golfs without central locking/electric windows? I remember a few years back a friend of mine showing off his shiny new diesel Golf, and having to open it with a key. On a £12,000-plus car, that's scandalous.
Keyless entry cars - Dynamic Dave
On my Primera the flaming alarm goes off if you attempt to open it physically
with the key rather than the button. Stupid design.

Not really if a thief were to pop out the lock and open your door as the alarm wouldn't go off.
Keyless entry cars - DavidHM
To be fair Jase, he could have used half a tennis ball and a screwdriver instead, allegedly.
Keyless entry cars - DP
This is the single feature that we have most fallen in love with on the Scenic.

Staggering back to the car in a supermarket car park with kids and shopping in tow, to not have to faff about with keys or buttons is just heavenly. Just lay your hand on the doorhandle and if you have the card, open she pops. It's a silly little thing really, but we really like it.

Cheers
DP
Keyless entry cars - movilogo
The new Toyota Auris has keyless entry in some models.
Keyless entry cars - TheOilBurner
I liked the keyless entry on the Megane too. Only problem is, if your passenger reached the car before you did and the key wasn't in range, they would stand there pulling uselessly at the door handle...until I stepped closer and it magically opened, thus encouraging said passenger (might be SWMBO, but I wouldn't say) to yank even harder at the door handle next time, wondering why it isn't opening quick enough...
Keyless entry cars - local yokel
Had a Morris 1100 with keyless entry, and keyless start.

Any 3/8ths screwdriver head would do.
Keyless entry cars - Dulwich Estate
What happens if you've got one of these new fangled keyless entry jobs and the car battery is flat? You've come back from your usual 3 weeks in the Caribbean over the Christmas period, you get to the long term car park, all you want to do is get home and sleep and the car won't let you in. Then what?
Keyless entry cars - jase1
What happens if you've got one of these new fangled keyless entry jobs and the
car battery is flat? Then what?

... or your keyless entry device fails, or the lithium cell in it goes flat.

The problem with these systems isn't so much the keyless entry system itself, more the lack of a physical lock as a backup.

Added to which is the unfortunate coincidence that a lot of the companies supplying keyless entry are those with less than perfect reputations for electronic reliability.....
Keyless entry cars - DP
The problem with these systems isn't so much the keyless entry system itself more the
lack of a physical lock as a backup.

The Renault system, on the Scenic at least, has a conventional lock tucked away under a plastic cover on the doorhandle which is very cleverly hidden. The cards themselves contain an emergency key which simply pulls out of one edge of the card.

>>Added to which is the unfortunate coincidence that a lot of the companies supplying keyless entry are those with less than perfect
reputations for electronic reliability.....

Fair point particularly where Renault is concerned. To be honest, I don't worry about the keyless entry half as much as the electric parking brake. That too has an emergency manual release in the boot.

Cheers
DP
Keyless entry cars - Red Baron
There have also been reports that wireless doorbells can cause plipping and therefore maybe even keyless entry systems to not work properly.
Keyless entry cars - The Melting Snowman
I have keyless entry on my Renault. Very useful - when it works. Completely gone wrong once (fortunately under warranty) and now has intermittent episodes of 'throwing the toys out of the pram'. Sometimes needs three attempts to lock the car although it always unlocks OK. Also the car has unlocked itself during the night. I ALWAYS LOCK MY CAR!!!!! Sometimes the boot unlocks all the doors when it shouldn't.

Now I just use the buttons on the card.