Peugeot 206CC - mare
I have an opportunity to buy a Peugeot 206CC on a 52 plate with 26,000 miles for £4,500 - £5,000 from a friend. Cars with comparable miles and age are advertised for £7,000+ on the AutoTrader. The car in question has a couple of dents (lives on a street in Bath) and is an ashtray inside. Still, a good valet later, it ought to be presentable.

The car would be used for short journies, mainly one up, but occasionally Mrs mare and I and a 8 and 6 year old will use it to go to the beach etc. I will probably keep my old Almera for work, and we're replacing the C3 with a Mitsubishis Grandis to get the vital sixth seat.

I'm sorely tempted, and buying from a friend issues aside, i'd like to hear any comments about these cars.

Thanks
Peugeot 206CC - Armitage Shanks {p}
Could be a good deal but can you live with the 'ashtray' aspect? Much recent discussion in this forum re the impossibility of getting the pong 100% away.
Peugeot 206CC - Armitage Shanks {p}
Its not a 'trendy bandwagon' at all. Have you ever tried to valet a car that's been owned by a heavy smoker? The smell gets into the very fabric of the vehicle and even using deodorants has limited effect. It takes months to go away

Quote from Aprilia yesterday in the No Smoking in Cars thread
Peugeot 206CC - bell boy
if you just remember its a pewgot
and it is french with a pretty complicated roof
does that help?
Peugeot 206CC - Pugugly {P}
www.honestjohn.co.uk/index.php?url=/carbycar/index...m

Seems like a good price if it's a toy rather than the main form of transport.
Peugeot 206CC - mare
Update

i've had the car for a week on a "looking after it while friend's away" basis. It's on the drive now as the tax ran out yesterday, but having driven it for a week:

It's a hoot! Pop the roof and off you go (it's my first convertible, can you tell?)

It's got leather seats, it's not as much as an ashtray as i expected, and the rear seats are a joke. But we can get the kids in. No spare tyre either. Hmm.

The air con doesn't work (the light comes on, but nothing else happens) but everything else works, including the roof. There is a 80's 12" CD stuck in the stereo though.

I think that i'm going to get it, if i get fed up with it, it's worth £5,000 as a part ex. In the meantime i'll enjoy it as a pootling about toy.

And yes, i have been asked if i do perms. i don't BTW.