Torque wrenches (3/8") - Roger Jones
For what it's worth Practical classics has reviewed 3/8" torque wrenches (for the lower end of the torque range) and come to the conclusion that the Halfords model (£49.99, 8-60 Nm) is best, followed by Norbar (£80.22, 8-60 Nm) and Tri Torq (£38.41, 20-100 Nm), plus Draper (£19.73, 10-80 Nm) as Budget Buy.
Torque wrenches (3/8") - L'escargot
I got two Norbar (7-30 Nm and 14-80 Nm) with Green Shield stamps, and 40 years later they're still going strong. They were last checked about 4 years ago.
--
L\'escargot.
Torque wrenches (3/8") - Aprilia
Two years ago a got a 3/8" wrench off eBay for about £12. I managed to get it calibrated (for free) and expected it to be miles out - to my astonishment it was absolutely spot-on!!
Torque wrenches (3/8") - Ruperts Trooper
The 1/2" torque wrench that Argos used to sell for about £15 included a 1/2" - 3/8" adapter.

Is it easy to get them calibrated?
Torque wrenches (3/8") - Simon
I've had an Argos one for around 12 years now, okay it may not be identical to the one that they currently sell, but it is fundamentally the same design and I believe from the same manufacturer. I'm sure it cost £20 at the time and they are even cheaper than that now.

Anyway, I've used it frequently over those last 12 years and I have no problems with it whatsoever. I've never had it checked or calibrated but I believe that it is still reasonably close in its accuracy. My point being that for a budget torque wrench, I really think that you would struggle to do better than the Argos one.
Where do you get them calibrated?
Where do you get them calibrated?

It's easy if you know someone who works for a mechanical engineering manufacturer.
--
L\'escargot.
Torque wrenches (3/8") - milkyjoe
try ADS TOOLS & PUMPS IN LEICESTERSHIRE , i always go there , i think theres a web site , bout £20.00 to get a calibration with a ticket
I posted this yesterday, but it has disappeared, presumably because, as a hotlink, is was deemed to be an ad.

www.applegate.co.uk/products/psb/7968.htm

It shows links to calibration places.
Torque wrenches (3/8") - Dynamic Dave
When I was at college we were shown how to do it by clamping the ½ square drive in a vice, and then hanging weights off the handle of the torque wrench at a measured distance.

That aside, I didn't remove the link. DD.
Torque wrenches (3/8") - stuartl
Screwfix actually do 1/4", 1/2" and 3/4" torque wrenches made by Teng Tools.

Not sure what they're like as I have an older screwfix TW made by someone else which seems ok.

Of course, if they are not set accurately they are as good as useless
When I was at college we were shown how to do it by clamping the
½ square drive in a vice and then hanging weights off the handle of the
torque wrench at a measured distance.

Now where did I put that set of weights and the weight hanger my employer gave me as a leaving present when I retired? ;-)
--
L\'escargot.