Satnav / Safety Cameras - 007

Please forgive me if this is a silly question but is there any make / model of satnav device which comes with safety camera locations already installed?
Satnav / Safety Cameras - Altea Ego
Some versions of tomtom. Road angel make one. There are quite a few

------------------------------
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
Satnav / Safety Cameras - JohnPug
My Navman F20 has them.
Satnav / Safety Cameras - Pugugly {P}
I think that my recently acquired Garmin 2610 for the bike has this. TomTom certainly has and has proved very useful.
Satnav / Safety Cameras - a900ss
It's all well and good with itcoming with cameras pre-installed but you will need to update them as the cameras will change over time, (roadworks especially).

From what I've heard, the Tomtom database is not very good.

However, you can download a database from www.pocketgpsworld.com for £2 that you can install on most modern sat-nav units. That's what i do for my tomtom software and it is a very comprehensive database.
Satnav / Safety Cameras - rtj70
"you can download a database from www.pocketgpsworld.com for £2"

If you are the first to tell this site the location of a new camera (and it's confirmed) you get free life-time subscription. It's all down to people like us to keep the database upto date.
Satnav / Safety Cameras - Welliesorter
However you can download a database from www.pocketgpsworld.com for £2 that you can install on
most modern sat-nav units. That's what i do for my tomtom software and it is
a very comprehensive database.

You can, but that only gets you one download. You need to subscribe for £19 per year if you want regular updates. The database seems to get updated roughly every couple of weeks.

The web site gives a list of compatible units. Some require an extra piece of software (eg POI-Warner) to be installed.
The £2 gives you unlimited downloads for one month.

Yes, it gets updated regualarly and I probably renew my subsciption twice a year. £4 seems a good deal to me.

Satnav / Safety Cameras - R75
My XDA Orbit came with Co-pilot Live and that has them already installed - Also found the guidance to be better then TomTom.
Satnav / Safety Cameras - Chris White
I've just bought a TomTom One Europe and they're including safety camera information as a freebie.

I found Amazon to be the cheapest (£179 incl post)

Chris
Satnav / Safety Cameras - Lud
What is a 'safety camera'?

Speed cameras are obviously dangerous as they cause dense traffic to shunt as nervous drivers spot them and apply their brakes.

To call these things safety cameras is like calling the propaganda ministry the 'ministry of truth' (1984).
Satnav / Safety Cameras - Chris White
Sorry, my TomTom calls them safety cameras.

I guess it's politically correct :-)

Chris
Satnav / Safety Cameras - Dalglish
To call these things safety cameras is like calling the propaganda ministry ..

actually, i am surprised that the term "safety camera" gets through now. it used to be "bleeped ****" out on this website by the swear filter at one time.
Satnav / Safety Cameras - hcm
my tomtom 510 has them. i haven't updated it since i got it a couple of weeks ago, but it's warned me of several in that time, and so far i haven't passed any that it didn't know of. they are a great piece of kit and i wish i'd got one ages ago.
Satnav / Safety Cameras - Aprilia
I was one of the people that originally supplied pocketgpsworld with camera location data - that was when it was free. When the database got big enough to be genuinely useful they slapped the subscription on it....My view of the people that run that site is therefore not very charitable.
I no longer use the pocketgpsworld database because I have found that there are too many errors. A much better buy, IMHO, is Talex. You can get a Talex Lite in Aldi for £59 and the database is £29 a year or £59 for 3 years. I have the full-version Talex and its excellent. You can also get the Talex speed camera overlay to run on TomTom - same sort of price I think. For the £10 is costs over and above the pocketgps database it is well worth it to have something which is 'professionally' maintained.
Aprilia,

I can entirely undertand where you are coming from, I also helped build the database by submitting cameras.

If you haven't downloaded a databse recently, you may be surprised that the accuracy has dramtically increased. They have split out unconfirmed sites so that you now have the choice to either install these unconfirmed sites or not. If you don;t install them, the database is very good in my opinion.

I download a database once every 6 months so it only cost me £4/year, quite good value I think.