HJ Saved From Whale Shark - Honestjohn in Malaysia
Today was the first day I stared at a screen for nine days. Been on (and off) Langkawi getting PADI certified. On my third dive had a close encounter with an 8 metre whale shark. But my head is cleared and things should be back to normal from about the 19th as long as they let me on the flights (I'm flying standby).

HJ
Re: HJ Saved From Whale Shark - Tomo
Should I have persevered about getting into the motor business?

(Not really, I could never kid anybody, except myself once or twice, about what something is worth!)
Re: HJ Saved From Whale Shark - J Bonington Jagworth
Should help you deal with certain other members of your trade...
Re: HJ Saved From Whale Shark - Dave
Don't you mean Whale Shark saved from mauling by HJ?

;-) ;-) ;-)
Whale Sharks - ian (cape town)
No danger to you, HJ.
They eat plankton and krill, IIRC.
Plankton are one of the lowest links on the food chain, albeit slightly higher than traffic wardens, used car salesmen and lawyers.
*leaps into slit trench, straps on kevlar vest and helmet*
Re: Whale Sharks - Ian Cook
Ian - you left out caravanners, cyclists and pensioners.

Ian
Re: Whale Sharks - RickyBoy
Whenever I'm cycling I (usually) hate motorists. Whenever I'm motoring I (usually) hate, er, other motorists...
Re: Whale Sharks - Dan J
It's like I've always said: I'm a firm advocate of the widespread use by everyone of public transport. I might be able to drive my car in peace and without traffic jams then!

:o)
Re: Whale Sharks - Tomo
I suppose I'm a pensioner, of some years standing too! What exactly did I do wrongly?

Tomo
Re: Whale Sharks - Ian Cook
Tomo wrote:
>
> I suppose I'm a pensioner, of some years standing too! What
> exactly did I do wrongly?
>

I don't know, Tomo, but if you figure out what it was will you please let me know.

I took early retirement at the end of last year and I'm still trying to find my natural place in the order of things. I still drive (car and van), walk, cycle, use my caravan, pay taxes, drink beer etc. etc. - but my view on motoring will change, as I don't now drive to work or on business.

Hey ho!

Ian
Re: Whale Sharks - Chad.R
I'm waiting for someone to add the universally expected ... "and BMW drivers....."

;-)

Chad.R
Re: Whale Sharks - Union Jack
HJ Glad to hear you're obviously having a good time - we've missed you.

Just think what that whale shark is telling his mates as he slurps in his plankton:

"I had a close encounter with that 1.8 metre Honest John the other day - you should have seen the size of his hat ..."

Happy landings and well done on qualifying!

Jack
Re: Whale Sharks - mybrainhurts
Honjon

Don't understand the last bit of your message.

I've been standing by, but you've not flown over yet. Am I standing in the wrong place?

PS where did you learn to do that?
Re: Whale Sharks - Honest John back in UK
The marine life experts are right of course. But then if you're 3 metres under a twenty-seven foot whale shark and you don't know what it is you mentally refer to your PADI training manual that fish only normally attack defensively and you stay very still. Not many rookie scuba divers get to see a whale shark on their third open water dive. But that's enough about whale sharks.

HJ