Dry valeting? - oldgit
I am intrigued by what appears to be dry cleaning methods used by mobile valeters when cleaning cars.

My neighbour has both of their black monsters cleaned using one of these mobile firms. However, I never seem to be looking out of the window at the right time, or so it seems, as I never see any significant amounts of water running away from said vehicles and was therefore wondering how these dirty cars are changed into gleaming black cars apparently with a showroom finish.

Again, I am not in the position to be able to examine these cars closely, to see whether there are a lot of fine surface scratches caused by, what appears to be, cleaning methods using very little (if any water). Perhaps some of these mobile firms use a product similar to those shown on those TV shopping channels, which seem to comprise some sort of Carnauba wax suspension/emulsion which 'wraps up' gritty particles thus avoiding scratching the paintwork - Oh yeah!!!!
Dry valeting? - 1066
what appears to be, cleaning methods using very little (if any water). Perhaps some of these mobile firms use a product similar to those shown on those TV shopping channels, which seem to comprise some sort of Carnauba wax suspension/emulsion which 'wraps up' gritty particles thus avoiding scratching the paintwork - Oh yeah!!!!

that's exactly what the stuff is.
it does leave a nice shine but when applied to a dirty car it leaves very fine surface scratches
Dry valeting? - qxman {p}
In Australia, where they have severe water use restrictions, your can be washed using a foam spray. The car is covered in this stuff and it slowly slides off to the ground, carrying all the dirt with it.
Dry valeting? - Victorbox
As mentioned the shopping channels regularly run demos of stuff like this www.netparts.co.uk/store/index.php?main_page=produ...w
Apart from the dry grit factor I can't understand how they use a wax-like substance on glass, rubber trim & unpainted plastic as well as the paint.