Dipetane - is it any good? - Ruperts Trooper
I've noticed a fuel additive called dipethane - www.dipetanedistribution.co.uk - the distributor makes great claims for both diesel and unleaded vehicles, but is it really any good?
Dipetane - is it any good? - bell boy
killed my sheep
is that any help?
i said to young billy the strong one
dont drink it billy
but do they listen
Dipetane - is it any good? - Collos25
As long as there are mugs there will be snake oil and rocking horse manure.
Dipetane - is it any good? - Ruperts Trooper
So what's in it, is it just paraffin?
Dipetane - is it any good? - rtj70
Why does the company claim to be insured by Lloyds of London? Is that name dropping.

Sounds like snake oil to me.
Dipetane - is it any good? - Granada Cosworth
First time I have seen this as Dipetance containing platinum group metals or compounds thereof (crystalline alumino-silicates) - Catalytic -
It's sounds like the other product 'Cataclean' and basic it's sort of a same thing.
It removes the 'wax/gum' (water?) in petrol/diesel inside the fuel system and is burnt off by heat - spark - with removing the 'carbon' rather than leaving behind in the engine, so a high mileage vehicle would benefits helping with its M.O.T.'s Emission problems.
Not quite 'snakeoil' and it's may works for some or not.
Remember the magic Fuel Saver Pills, a bit like that.
Dipetane - is it any good? - nortones2
GC: The blurb doesn't mention platinum, nor "crystalline alumino-silicates" but the FP seems to indicate an oily hydrocarbon. How this improves combustion or cleans deposits is not explained. Surprised the oil companies aren't able to produce such a wonder-treatment. Oil of snake origin?
Dipetane - is it any good? - L-Driver
As a Driving Instructor I can honestly say YES Dipetane does work. I have been using it in my 55 plate Renault Clio DCI for nine months and now averaging 71 Mpg. Not bad as I was doing 63 Mpg. My car has more power and certainly gives out less smoke, especially when my pupils decide to red line it. So YES Dipetane does work.
Dipetane - is it any good? - R40
As a Driving Instructor I can honestly say YES Dipetane does work. I have been
using it in my 55 plate Renault Clio DCI for nine months and now averaging
71 Mpg. Not bad as I was doing 63 Mpg. My car has more power
and certainly gives out less smoke especially when my pupils decide to red line it.
So YES Dipetane does work.

Hmmm.............first ever post eh. Rats and I and smell and a - rearrange to make a relevant saying
Dipetane - is it any good? - AndyT
I used Dipetane many (15-20!!) years ago in a Citreon Visa 17D, and couldn't detect any appreciable difference over a long period of time. But it is hard to be precise about fuel figures, as journeys, garage fuel pump used, season climate, and driving style all contribute to average mpg over, say, a 3-month test period.

What I can say is that I have seen both Catalean, and a Fuchs diesel treatment get 'dirty' diesels' through smoke tests with a 'one-shot' treatment. Having tested the Fuchs treatment at work, on several older buses with our own smoke meter, I've seen it with my own eyes. I can't remember the exact figures, but have posted them on here before if you do a search.
Dipetane - is it any good? - rover 75
Mike , you're showing old age symptoms and being cynical again .
Dipetane - is it any good? - MikeTorque
In their FAQs, they say :

12. If Dipetane is so good why haven't the "major" oil companies adopted it?
Because Dipetane saves fuel and major oil companies are in the business of selling fuel progressive oil distribution companies are now selling their fuels with Dipetane already in it.

My question is : which companies in the UK are they referring to and which fuels ?
Dipetane - is it any good? - AndyT
Well, this major(?) oil company(?) in N.Ireland use it, and advertise the fact.

www.kellyfuels.co.uk/kf2.htm

Iirc, they were charging 1p/litre extra, and the general concensus was that boilers were burning cleaner. ie, less soot build-up.

Mind you, that testimonial about the house being warmer?? When it's obvious that a boiler is thermostat controlled...
Dipetane - is it any good? - MikeTorque
Information from Dipetane :

Progressive Oil Companies, refers to Kelly Fuels in Northern Ireland and
Tedcastles in Southern Ireland who are market leaders with "Cleanburn" which is
Dipetane Treated Fuel. Also WCF Fuels are also growing rapidly in North of
England/Scotland with "Cleanburn".

T.W. Brown Oil Co, in Ventura County, California sell pre-treated Biodiesel at
the pump, and Dipetane treated heating oil is currently sold to over 20,000 homes
in Ireland.

We would love to see Dipetane treated fuels at all pumps, but until such times
arrive, we hope to reach enough conscientious individuals and companies who wish
to take steps to improve their fuel consumption and lower smoke and emissions
today.
Dipetane - is it any good? - none
I don't know about Dipetane, never heard of it !
Some months ago many backroomers decided to treat their fuel with Acetone (myself included), and most reported improvements in performance and consumption.
Does anyone still use it ? I don't !