Hyundai Coupe - ricohman
I'm thinking of getting a Hyundai Coupe its a 1998 2.0 16v SE auto and its got 150,000 miles, anyone ever had one, and what should i look out for before buying.

Is 150k too many miles, is the auto box a good one?

Thanks
Hyundai Coupe - the original horse
wow ! you did mean 150 didnt you ? ! i wouldnt ........
Hyundai Coupe - CJay{P}
I would consider a manual 150k, provided it was cheap. But not an auto.
Hyundai Coupe - ricohman
Yes 150,000 miles its up at £1995
Hyundai Coupe - Sprice
WAY to much. You could get a far superior generation 6 Celica (94-99) for that money - with less mileage!
Hyundai Coupe - The Purifier
£2k for a 9 year old 150k Hyundai - no way!
Hyundai Coupe - jase1
Would tend to agree, but it has to be said that the 2l Beta engine is more than capable of covering the miles. Indeed I'd take a 150K Coupe over a whole bunch of European petrol cars with the same mileage.
Hyundai Coupe - DavidHM
I would consider it at half the money - but not at £2k.

I've just bought a 119k mile, 1998 BMW 523i SE for a fiver more than your asking price... although that was privately, via eBay, and with some undeclared "issues."
Hyundai Coupe - Pugugly {P}
Well do tell David !
Hyundai Coupe - ricohman
Went to see the car yesterday what a heap of rubbish, you could tell it had done 150k, so ill keep looking for a low milage one.

Has anyone on here ever owned a hyundai coupe?

Thanks for all your advice.
Hyundai Coupe - Steptoe
I have had an 98 1.3 accent coupe for about 18 months now.

Obviously not in the same league as the one you looked at, as it is basically just a 2 door hatchback, but it has given me a lot of respect for the marque.

It is commuted and abused by Mrs S, left outside all the time and so on, but has never failed to start nor broken down.

DIY servicing is a doddle, and any bulb can be changed in seconds. I fitted a cambelt without the aid of a manual, only work required for the MOT was rear brake pipes ( plus fitting new rear cylinders whilst I was in there )

All this and peanuts to buy, it is now on 120k, I expect it to last for another 30k if the convertible bug doesn't bite first
----------------------------------------------

One mans junk is another mans treasure