Mini Wiper Motor Repairs - stuartl
I have a 1991 Mini that has a caput wiper motor in that it does nothing in low speed and moves very slowly in high speed. It also doesn't self park the wipers. Are these servicable as even secondhand ones seem to command upwards of £30 on ebay.

Cheers

Stuart
Mini Wiper Motor Repairs - Screwloose
Stuart

They will come apart. On the face of it; you've lost the slow-speed brush in the motor. Depending on type; parts should be available - any ident numbers on the motor?
Mini Wiper Motor Repairs - Pugugly {P}
Is "Mini World" magazine still going, remember reading this at the Dentist and it seemed an unending source of Mini bits.
Mini Wiper Motor Repairs - Robin the Technician
Stuart,
IIRC, on this age of Mini it will most likely be a Lucas unit. The harness multiplug plugs into a white socket on the motor which has 3 or 4 wires coming out of the back going to the inside of the motor. It's this part thats failed. When the harness is disconected this white unit can be pulled (one way - trial and error) and it will unclip from the motor itself. On the underside is a little 'tit' that controls the self park. These had a tendency to overheat and cause the symptoms you describe. A trip to a local scrappie and you can find these units fitted to maxi's princess, maestro and montego. In fact, any british pre-87 car will most likely be Lucas.

--
These are the views of Robin the Technician with 35 years in the trade. I fix, therefore I am...
Mini Wiper Motor Repairs - stuartl
Thanks guys, some very useful information here. If I can tear myself away from the BBQ and beer this weekend I will look into it and post my findings.

Thanks again for all responses : o )
Mini Wiper Motor Repairs - bell boy
these used to run in cables and they could get seized up
i used to take the top off the motor take the cog off and then pull the wipers manually to see if they were stiff
i also seem to remember that because they seized they burnt the park brush out

was a long time ago mind so i might have dreamt it all